External Oil Pumps.

Ted has run 8.4* at 163+ with TA production style heads an a T4 88
at a bit over 3400#s on race fuel.

So with the 91 and methanol,you should be well into the 7s i would say!:eek:

Now go do your homework on the fuel system that new 91x will require;)

They are now making injectors up into the 500# an hour range:eek:

What valve sizes and displacement is Ted running? Probably much more than me. So does that mean I'm doing more with less? And still without distributor. Imagine that.

Yeah. I'm sure I'll have to up the size of the mechanical nozzles.

500 lbs/hr?!!! Unbelievable.

What valve sizes and displacement is Ted running? Probably much more than me. So does that mean I'm doing more with less? And still without distributor. Imagine that.

Yeah. I'm sure I'll have to up the size of the mechanical nozzles.

500 lbs/hr?!!! Unbelievable.

He will have to chime in,but i believe 274 CI and 2.02 160 valves??
What are yours?
Here are 500#an hour units!
This guy is using 2 sets!!!!

Attachments

• Moran_Injectors (600 x 450).jpg
    Moran_Injectors (600 x 450).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 260
1.835 int. 1.5 exh. 224 cid. 24 lbs. boost.
Small potatoes. Not the fairest comparison I would think. What about hp per cubic inch? To date, I'm at 4.17 with the old school T76 at 24 psi boost without the nitrous.

1.835 int. 1.5 exh. 224 cid. 24 lbs. boost.
Small potatoes. Not the fairest comparison I would think. What about hp per cubic inch? To date, I'm at 4.17 with the old school T76 at 24 psi boost without the nitrous.
what does your car weigh?

if your car weighs 3410 like Ted's
your making about 845 HP or 3.77 HPCI
Ted is making 1140HP or 4.16 HPCI

I used the same calcuator for both.but guessed you weight

How do you get 4.17?

How do you get 4.17?

I'm calculating fwhp.

How do you get 4.17?

At what boost?

I just rechecked my calcs (Performance Trends Drag Racing Analyzer Pro v2.0 TE). 937 fwhp peaking at 6,800 rpm.
Ooops, correction, 939 fwhp.

With the trap speed I'd say both Ted and Fiscus are near 1400 on the motor.

If anybody needs props for doing more with less we have to tip our hats to the TSM guys. 9 teens and .20's at 146-148mph from a 234-249ci and 70mm turbo's on gas at 3550+#

With the trap speed I'd say both Ted and Fiscus are near 1400 on the motor.

If anybody needs props for doing more with less we have to tip our hats to the TSM guys. 9 teens and .20's at 146-148mph from a 234-249ci and 70mm turbo's on gas at 3550+#

1,400 sounds more like it.

What sort of boost numbers are they typically running?

I would suppose these are newer 70mms that flow at or more than the old school T76?

1,400 sounds more like it.

What sort of boost numbers are they typically running?

I would suppose these are newer 70mms that flow at or more than the old school T76?

Not as much as most think. The 70mm can't support more than 24-30# of boost depending on combinations of the motors. Some turn more rpm and can make 24#, others turn less rpm and run 30#. On the TSM car we run. On the 5.90 pass at 117 it spiked to 26# on a few frames but was 24-25 most of the run.

I'm not sure how your 76 compares to the new 70GTQ like most run. But, they also don't have the benefit of higher compression and methanol.

"You think a drysump is probably safer?"
Yes dont forget you have more oil lines and fittings along with a external tank, all more areas for potential leaks/failures. Along with if a rod did go through the block it could take out a one of those external lines depending on placement. So when compared to a wet sump with a diaper, yes "probably".

"There are a lot of people that run a wet sump and don't have oil related failures. I hope you're not suggesting that just because you haven't had an oil related failure with a wet sump that they don't occur? I assure you, there also are some that aren't as lucky as you. I chose to take a proactive step to be sure that I would not be one of the unlucky few. With the money and time I have invested in my engine, I chose the 'sure bet'."

I'm not suggesting that at all. I hope your not suggesting that just because you have a dry sump, oil related failures dont occur either. "Sure bet"? lol. There are no sure bets in racing. You mentioned Prostock. The millions of $ they have in research and developement and parts and they still have failures. Are dry sumps a good investment if you have the money? Yes. Are they needed for ALL racing applications? Absolutely not.

Not as much as most think. The 70mm can't support more than 24-30# of boost depending on combinations of the motors. Some turn more rpm and can make 24#, others turn less rpm and run 30#. On the TSM car we run. On the 5.90 pass at 117 it spiked to 26# on a few frames but was 24-25 most of the run.

I'm not sure how your 76 compares to the new 70GTQ like most run. But, they also don't have the benefit of higher compression and methanol.
Very impressive.

"You think a drysump is probably safer?"
Yes dont forget you have more oil lines and fittings along with a external tank, all more areas for potential leaks/failures. Along with if a rod did go through the block it could take out a one of those external lines depending on placement. So when compared to a wet sump with a diaper, yes "probably".

"There are a lot of people that run a wet sump and don't have oil related failures. I hope you're not suggesting that just because you haven't had an oil related failure with a wet sump that they don't occur? I assure you, there also are some that aren't as lucky as you. I chose to take a proactive step to be sure that I would not be one of the unlucky few. With the money and time I have invested in my engine, I chose the 'sure bet'."

I'm not suggesting that at all. I hope your not suggesting that just because you have a dry sump, oil related failures dont occur either. "Sure bet"? lol. There are no sure bets in racing. You mentioned Prostock. The millions of $ they have in research and developement and parts and they still have failures. Are dry sumps a good investment if you have the money? Yes. Are they needed for ALL racing applications? Absolutely not.
Never did I suggest drysumps were needed for all applications.
Never did I suggest that running a drysump would magically prevent all the possible failures that a racing engine can have.
Never did I suggest that Pro Stock engines don't blow up. Come on. Don't take me for an ignorant fool.
And yes, no matter how proactive a person is with safety, **** still happens. Does that mean you should throw up your arms and say, Oh well, who needs to be concerned with safety. You're going to bite it anyway. No. Safety should always be at the top of the list.
There's always a natural resistance to safety issues. I don't know why that is. When I saw this thread I debated whether or not I should put my .02 cents in. I had a feeling a dog pile might ensue. Not sure how this degraded from me trying to convey the importance of the safety part of running a drysump to who has the fastest car. I guess the person with the fastest car should be the smartest when it comes to safety issues? Never mind that I have had a personal experience of blowing up engines, one with wetsump and one with drysump, with results given for both instances. Even a freaking video! That's all right. Just ignore that. I don't have a clue about what I'm talking about.

I decided to add to this thread because I knew that if I didn't and someone was hurt, I would not feel good with myself. I have made my attempt and now feel good about it no matter how high the dog pile gets.