Exhaust System What To Buy

ken nelson

Looking to replace my factory exhaust system after 24 years its time to upgrade to a better flowing system on my 85 t-type. what would be the best system for hot air cars and should i ditch the cat or gut it, not sure how to gut the cat. any ideas would help.thanks much, ken nelson

Looking to replace my factory exhaust system after 24 years its time to upgrade to a better flowing system on my 85 t-type. what would be the best system for hot air cars and should i ditch the cat or gut it, not sure how to gut the cat. any ideas would help.thanks much, ken nelson

Since you are looking for a "Stock replacement";
Do a search for "Hooker cat-back"
This is a good option as well; STAINLESS CATBACK EXHAUST

I think most anything is 86-87 :mad: and whatever you get will need some custom fitting by a muffler shop.
You can ditch the cat, if your state and inspection allows for it. :eek:
One way to do this; Install a "test pipe" (a straight through pipe instead of the cat)

X2

hooker exhaust kit is a nice ;)

Summit, got to year, make, model or just type in GRANT NATIONAL

click on exhaust look for hooker exhaust kit, comes with text pipe:cool:

Good luck

X2

hooker exhaust kit is a nice ;)

Summit, got to year, make, model or just type in GRANT NATIONAL

click on exhaust look for hooker exhaust kit, comes with text pipe:cool:

Good luck

Good Choice. I have the hooker exhaust installed with test pipe. Brad

Im partial to the Torque Tech system. It fits excellent and is very solid once installed.

never got pulled over for exhaust :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Why not remove the entire exhaust headers along with the downpipe and exhaust and CAT and be done with it. Run the car as is and tell us how it runs. Brad

Why not remove the entire exhaust headers along with the downpipe and exhaust and CAT and be done with it. Run the car as is and tell us how it runs. Brad
my atr 2.5" downpipe terminates right under the factory cat heat shield. i slid on a turn down to angle the exhaust fumes out from under the car at a 45* angle similar to the one below:

th9911336HKR.jpg

its not detrimental to performance and i enjoy the sound. weight savings is also substantial. my question to you is why be a smart ass?

I ran the car with no elbow once ;) Only at idle,few revs I SAID GOT DAMN THAT THING SOUNDED LIKE A BIG BLOCK RACE ENGINE:D tho i had to use the HEATER SHEILD TO deflect it up, n i had the hood open OF COURSE:rolleyes:

I ran the car with no elbow once ;) Only at idle,few revs I SAID GOT DAMN THAT THING SOUNDED LIKE A BIG BLOCK RACE ENGINE:D tho i had to use the HEATER SHEILD TO deflect it up, n i had the hood open OF COURSE:rolleyes:
yeah, when it got the new motor in i started the car without the up pipe. sounded... interesting to say the least.

Where are you located! I have this SS system I took off my car after purchasing it. Sounds great and quiet at cruise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155