Trouble with Hooker Exhaust....

Hotair85

mmmmmmmmmmmmm TURBO!!!!!!
Here's how it went down: As a friend and I removed the old sh*tty exhaust from my GN and prepared to bolt the brandy new Hooker system up, we noticed that the flanges on the ends of the exhaust and the cat were different. :mad: The Hooker system's flange is sort of oblong/hexagonal in shape and my cat is square. Did anybody have trouble like this? What in hell did you do? Do I even have the stock exhaust? :confused:
P.S. To meet local emissions standards, I must retain the cat.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

All that I have seen have been not been square, more of an oval shaped opening contained in a rectangle shaped mounting piece.

Just put on the hooker test pipe and when emissions come around borrow a cat from a local guy that has an "emissions only" cat laying around ;)

Hooker Exhaust

The Hooker Cat Back System is built based on the 86/87 set up. You will need to either get an 86/87 cat and weld a flange to bolt up to your down pipe or weld a flange to the test pipe that comes with the system.

Square is stock

You still have the stock down pipe. the original one was square at the end and the cat is made different. So is the way it attaches to your old exhaust. You can keep the cat and have an ehaust shop weld the end of the test pipe to the end of your cat. So the square end bolts up and the rear bolts with the new hooker system. I had the same thing for a minute. When I went with the ATR down pipe I changed everything.