Looking for Pictures of YOUR stainless 2.5" exhaust systems

Eticket

I thought I had an ATR exhaust system, but now I don't think I do.

Mine doesn't have the same y-splitter at the Cat flange as an ATR and has bolt provisions at the very rear, instead of slipping into the stock mounting tabs over the rear end.

Looking for other guys systems to figure out what muffs I probably need to buy. Already bought some ATR pitbulls, but confirmed today that they won't work.

My pipes are 2.5" stainless with straight angle cut pipes on the ends just like ATR's..

So.... if yours is:

Stainless
Bolts up behind the tires
Is not ATR
Is not Hooker.

Post a picture?

Thanks,
John

Here a pic of mine that was bent up at a local muff shop.The Muffs are FloPro made by flowmaster i think they came from my olds cuttless over 10 years ago and have been on my regal for the last 8 years.:eek:About 6 years ago my car was very low and i ran the pipes strait out and to the side skipping the bend over the axle.hope this helps some

Attachments

• 100-0015_IMG.jpg
    100-0015_IMG.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 551
It might be an ATR system, the later systems were the ones that used the stock muffler mounting brackets.
I've got a 2.5" ATR system that is exactly like what you are describing.

These are the best I have. This piece will be coming off and put up for sale soon. It's a Jay's 2.5 Dual Stainless. Not exactly sure what kinda pix ur looken for.

Attachments

• blue t 027.jpg
    blue t 027.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 552
  • blue t 035.jpg
    blue t 035.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 538
  • MINI TUB COMPLETE 023.jpg
    MINI TUB COMPLETE 023.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 530
My 2.5" SS ATR exhaust has the tailpipes bolted behind the rear tires on the frame rail.

Not sure when it was made (guessing mid 90s), but it originally used Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers. I've since replaced them with Dynomax Ultraflows, Summit P/N WLK-17222.

Kenne Bell stainless 2.5" system works the same way as well.

Came with super turbos as well and I changed them to Ultraflow 2.5" offset inlet and outlet.

Walker has/had a lot of information on their site with dimensions to help pick the right muffler.

alrighty.. I did find some older pictures of the ATR system and they did bolt onto the back (that s what i remembered) but.. this y-pipe I have doesn't spread out near as far as the ATR does.. The mufflers actually touch my driveshaft.

So.. my mufflers have to be at least offset in/center out. I've ordered some muffs this morning.

They very well could be offset/offset, but I can't tell yet.

Did Kenne Belle make a stainless system? My thinking was that they did not.

That's how mine is also that's why the Cotton's exhaust uses offset in /out on the mufflers

My Kenne Bell system has been on since 1991, and only the non-stainless mufflers have rotted away. :biggrin:

Driven about 18 winters so you tell me. ;)

I will try to get some pictures for you soon. :)

And the muffs. are kinda close to the driveshaft couldn't fit a 3.5" alum. one in my car.

Here's the stainless 2.5" Kenne Bell dual system:

Tailpipes bolt to the frame rail, the bracket is welded to the rear pipe for that.

KenneBellExhcollectorrearviewcloseu.jpg

KenneBellExhcollectorrearview.jpg

KenneBellExhrightsiderearmuffler.jpg

KenneBellExhmufflersfrontview.jpg

KenneBellExhmufflersfrontviewcloseu.jpg

KenneBellExhrightsiderearmuffler.jpg

KenneBellExhaustUltraflowsRearview.jpg

These are pictures of my y-pipe.. maybe kennebelle?

Attachments

• ypipe.jpg
    ypipe.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 443
  • ypipe2.jpg
    ypipe2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 438
Kinda looks like mine, what about the back pipes?

They have any weld marks on the side out near the tailpipe where they could bolt to the frame back there, mine had/have a bracket welded to them?

Regardless I guess most of the systems use offset inlet and outlet anyway.

It's a good system , some drone around 1800rpm with a hollow cat. to be expected in 2.5" pipe.

"damn"... i took a gamble and ordered some mufflers last night.. but I ordered offset in/center out. did I say "damn"? at least you can return to summit pretty easily.

did I say damn?
here are some pictures of my rear pipe brackets and the only weld seem is just forward of the rear axle.
Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 100_0942.jpg
    100_0942.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 427
  • 100_0943.jpg
    100_0943.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 414
Looks like a KB system to me. :cool:

17272 I think are the polished stainless 1000 CFM mufflers I used offset in and out.

I think the 17222 are also the correct size and cheaper. :smile:

I didn't check the flow ratings however for them.

I thought I had an ATR exhaust system, but now I don't think I do.

Mine doesn't have the same y-splitter at the Cat flange as an ATR and has bolt provisions at the very rear, instead of slipping into the stock mounting tabs over the rear end.

Looking for other guys systems to figure out what muffs I probably need to buy. Already bought some ATR pitbulls, but confirmed today that they won't work.

My pipes are 2.5" stainless with straight angle cut pipes on the ends just like ATR's..

So.... if yours is:

Stainless
Bolts up behind the tires
Is not ATR
Is not Hooker.

Post a picture?

Thanks,
John

can u post pic of your entire system, mine has the same mounting bolts after diff, that mount to frame, but pretty sure it is ATR from what i was told by orig owner, and it had the pit bull mufflers, also very different from a new ATR exhaust i got that was new in the box last year even the mufflers were different, and all mount were all different, will post pics tomorrow
Thanks
Dave

Dave,

Seems like there's an old atr system and new atr system.

I've gathered that newer systems didn't bolt to the rear, rather had slip hangers into the factory mounts.

I'm not aware of ATR's switching their muffler designs either.. however, I do remember that i didnt think the originals were perforated tubes.. more like slotted tubes?

The bigger thing that I could tell was the the ATR y-pipe spreads much further from the center.. because of the center/center muffler config. My ATR's on these pipes hit the driveshaft until I turned them. hope that helps anyway.

Dave,

Seems like there's an old atr system and new atr system.

I've gathered that newer systems didn't bolt to the rear, rather had slip hangers into the factory mounts.

I'm not aware of ATR's switching their muffler designs either.. however, I do remember that i didnt think the originals were perforated tubes.. more like slotted tubes?

The bigger thing that I could tell was the the ATR y-pipe spreads much further from the center.. because of the center/center muffler config. My ATR's on these pipes hit the driveshaft until I turned them. hope that helps anyway.

I have pics at work of the new ATR exhaust with pit bull mufflers still in the box and they are perforated all around, and the old one's are like strips of 3 perforated holes and strips on non-perforated steel.
here are some pics i currently have, of the new ATR exhaust when i decided to sell it, but kept mufflers:wink:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/301143-new-stainless-atr-exhaust-w-pics.html

"damn"... i took a gamble and ordered some mufflers last night.. but I ordered offset in/center out. did I say "damn"? at least you can return to summit pretty easily.

did I say damn?
here are some pictures of my rear pipe brackets and the only weld seem is just forward of the rear axle.
Thanks guys.

All your pictures sure seem to be an ATR system. And as far as I know, all ATR systems are center in-center out.

I know for certain mine is ATR and your pictures are identical to mine. I know for sure you don't have a KB system.