Looking for Pictures of YOUR stainless 2.5" exhaust systems

FWIW....looking at an old ATR catalog.... They show 2 types of 2.5" SS exhausts.

One uses offset in/out aluminzed super turbo mufflers (that's the system I have).

The other one uses center in/out SS mufflers (probably the system Turbodave has).

It appears the Y pipe to the mufflers are bent different to accomodate the different style mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW....looking at an old ATR catalog.... They show 2 types of 2.5" SS exhausts.

One uses offset in/out aluminzed super turbo mufflers (that's the system I have).

The other one uses center in/out SS mufflers (probably the system Turbodave has).

It appears the Y pipe to the mufflers are bent different to accomodate the different style mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I stand corrected.

Pics

Pics of old ATR mufflers, new in box ATR mufflers and bolt on hanger near exhaust exit

phpk7sUEtPM.jpg

phpZbvzF4PM.jpg

php88rZZdPM.jpg

phpfmGLECPM.jpg

All your pictures sure seem to be an ATR system. And as far as I know, all ATR systems are center in-center out.

I know for certain mine is ATR and your pictures are identical to mine. I know for sure you don't have a KB system.

Why are you sure it's not a kenne belle system?

My ATR muffs didn't fit, it's pretty obvious that they're not a center/center muffler system as the muffs hit the driveshaft.

My y-pipe doesn't look like an ATR y-pipe.. the transition to the rear pipes doesn't look the same. it looks like a kennebelle to me.

I guess I need to find my ATR catalog to see the offset/offset system myself (not that I don't believe Rodney). I've never seen an ATR one ever in my life.

Either way.. I should have two sets of muffs this weekend to try to see what fits.

thanks for all of the input guys.

I got my system on this evening and found that the offset/offset mufflers were the correct ones. whewwie.

Rodney, I looked at my "1998" atr catalog and didn't see an offset/offset system. Did they make a newer one?

cheers.

Glad it worked out for you!:cool:

Here's a scan of that old ATR catalog page. This is the system that was on my car when I bought it. I must have an old system...I'm assuming the numbers in the lower right hand corner of the page is the date published....07/02/93. Also the bottom of the collector on my Y pipe still says "ATR" on it.

The second scan is the center/center that most of y'all have. Note the differences in the Y pipe.

Attachments

• atr 5.jpg
    atr 5.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 233
  • atr6.jpg
    atr6.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 211
I bet in 1993 or so they dropped about $500 of their R+D money into a Kenne Belle stainless system that came out around 1989/90, and then came out with that "innovative" exhaust system.... errr copy. :p:biggrin:

Cool ad, it wasn't in my 2003 catalog that's for sure.

Since it's also stainless it just may well outlast the car, I know my Kenne Bell is gonna. :eek:

There were 2 versions of the ATR tailpipes...I have then both...the exhaust on my GN I got from ATR around 1993...tailpipes have a bracket welded near the end of the pipe and bolts to the frame...the ATR exhaust on my "T" I got around 2004...tailpipes have a bracket welded up near the curve over the axle and they use the stock hangers...I ordered both sets with the alum pitbulls and they are center inlet/outlet...

ATR Exhaust Pics

2 1/2" ATR Stainless Steel Exhaust System with 3" tips and Pit Bull Mufflers

Attachments

• gnx diff cover 002.jpg
    gnx diff cover 002.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 152