Clogged exhaust?

84T-typeMike

Yes I am Crazy
Hi,I just got the hot air T-type going.I used an OTC 2000 to resd the data streams.Most numbers were right on target.I cleaned IAC before I started.TPS was .40-.44 at idle which is 950-1100 in park and 775-825 in gear. IAC counts were 37-49 in park BUT always jump to 175 steady in gear.O2 volts were in range .35-.72 O2 cross counts were 2-7. MAF was 6-7 Grams. BLM and INT were both always close to 128.Everything was close!When I road test it the knock signal just gives a yes or no answer to the OTC and it will jump back and forth 2-3 times in WOT. Fuel pressure is 35 pounds.Regulator is not adjustable but I don't know which one it is exactly.It says Bosch.I think it runs OK with a pretty smooth idle but When I power brake it it don't really build boost.I don't have a boost gauge to know exactly but I do know it is not like my old Hot air before the crash.This is a new car with old motor from wrecked T-type.It sat outside(whole car) for 4 years before I found a T-type with a chevy 350 in it that I could bring back the old motor.Back to the question,I can floor it with my foot on brake and it actually drops RPM after 3/4 throttle.It has original CAT and a N/A 3.8 Single exhaust.Can I punch out the CAT to make it free flow Any Sharp eyes out there with suggestions would help!

That's what we did on our 87 when the CAT honeycombed - just took a steel pipe to it and made it a straight shot. The car was able to breathe and ran great.