Ever drop something expensive?

Thats more than 1million I have picked one of those up at a GE plant here in Alabama and they padded every thing before we moved it.

I dropped the header panel on my first Buick and the whole pass side headlight area cracked off. That was expensive to me as I was only 18 years old making peanuts. :mad:

Thats more than 1million I have picked one of those up at a GE plant here in Alabama and they padded every thing before we moved it.

Yeah... more like 10 million-ish.... and that's a steam turbine for a power plant.... and a fairly small one in my world (nuclear)..... :)

shoot, take you a hammer & a block of steel & tap the fins back in place & no one will ever know.

One thing is for sure once they pay to have it fixed or replaced they will know exactly what the cost is. :eek:

The main thing is no one got hurt, so just be more carefull with the next one.;)

John :)

One thing is for sure once they pay to have it fixed or replaced they will know exactly what the cost is. :eek:

You can bet your a$$ that baby was insured.... as well as the lost generation revenue for the prolonged plant outage while they scramble/hunt for a new turbine.... that won't be able to be repaired on site, and lead time on a turbine repair like that is measured in months..... if you expedite it.... :wink: