Passenger Side Tire Rub

edfiero

I have an 84 T-Type. Aftermarket wheels, stock tire size.
The passenger side tire rubs when going over bumps.
Alignment has been done. Car tracks straight.
New Billstien shocks installed, front suspension bits in good shape.
Also recently replaced the body/frame bushings and even installed some extra washers to act as a spacer at the core support.

I measured the body height at the center of the tire, and I'm at 25 1/2 on the drivers side and 25 3/4 on the passenger side.

Even after the above work, the problem is still there. Especially noticeable when there is a front seat passenger.

It seems to me the rubbing is on the inside edge, center of the fender 'lip', rather than at the top of wheel well. No problems at all on the driver side.

Is there any adjustment, that could move the fender to the left/right? Seems like the fender needs to be moved out about 3/8 inch. But I don't see how you could adjust this without messing up the hood gap spacing. Currently the gap is good. Nice and even. No sign of the car ever being in an accident.

HELP!

I forget the stock height measurements but those numbers seem low. How are your springs? How are the passenger upper a arm bushings?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Install some airbags and be done with it plus it will help with your launch. Put 15-16 on the passenger and 8-9 in the drivers side bag . They cost 100$ for the pair and it’s a easy install

My bad. I thought he meant the front.

Bags or roll the lips.

Speed Racer you are correct. Problem is in the FRONT. Sorry for leaving that out.

Your fender height measurements are low. I'm with SpeedRacerX. If those are the stock springs, they're probably shot. A fresh set will get it back up where it needs to be.

And double-check the upper control arm bushings. On the passenger side, the rear one is probably cooked and might not even be there anymore.

I've been doing some searching and as you guys pointed out it seems that my height is quite a bit lower than most others measure. I wonder if the prior owner put on lowering springs??? I can't imagine stockers would loose that might height just from being old.

Is there any way to figure out if the springs have been changed without taking them out? Guessing the answer is no, but thought I'd ask.

Does it matter? Your ride height is lower than stock and you are rubbing. So whether lowering springs have been installed or sagging original springs, you need to correct it.

Either get some replacement springs from Kirban (cheapest) or run a shorter front tire (easiest) or consider a wheel with a different offset or an adjustable coil over setup which will be expensive.