Engine gurus step inside...

Those head gaskets look very much like ROL brand. Look very close to stock, but do NOT have a wire inside the fire ring. Look carefully at the blown section to see if there is a round wire inside the folded over section of the fire ring. (the part of the gasket that seals the combustion chambers) With just a mild tune up on these cars a ROL brand head gasket won't take 15psi boost.
Have your heads checked out, do some minor pocket porting, and install them with Felpro 9441pt head gaskets. DO remove the pil pan and clean the missing gasket material off of the oil pump pick-up screen. (not to mention the mounds of RTV certainly stuck there, too, or bearing failure is sure to happen). Maybe search the for sale section for a ported set of irons ready to ship. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, heads are out now getting Gasket matched, resurfaced, valve job, seals and springs... I did some mild Gasket matching on the intake... Should be going back together Wed night... can't wait... LOL

Heads and intake went back on this evening with new valve seals, new springs, mild porting on both.. Also added a little bling, polished the intake, throttle body, and alt, as well as polished up pipe and upper radiator hose, billet a/c delete bracket etc.
Pics coming in the a.m.

I just saw in your first post where you mentioned hot wire but not pump. Did you put a gauge on it to verify it was keeping up with boost?
Mike

All back together, feels good, still have an oily #3 plug... Even after only 3 miles of driving...
Guess I'll back the boost down to 15psi and cruise til the new ones done..

well... 02 at 775 plus, 0.0 knock, alky at 6, boost at 18psi, bye bye headgasket...
Same side as when I bought the car, hopefully this won't continue once I swap engines, warped block maybe?

Just overnited a f/m intercooler too... Injectors are new 65's, everything looked good on the scanmaster..

Gonna have to pull some overtime to hurry up and pay for the new GN1 headed bullet with a cpt-70...

engine

From your first post. How fast were you going in second and third? Did you then down shift to first and floor it?:eek:

First gear romp was from a stop sign, 2nd and 3rd gear pulls were easing into it with Goodyears on the back...

engine

Man,that's some nasty bad luck there brother. Hope it gets better for you.
As these GN's go, pay now or pay later!:frown:

Well... engine left for Cottons today, total rebuild with rods, pistons, billet main caps, GN1 heads, Champion intake, 212 cam, 70mm bb turbo and Fast EFI system...
This should be fun...