Ego kill; Police / US Soldier Confrontation.

OHH OKAY The videos of these incidents are lying. HHMMM
Especially when the person in question makes a statement supporting the accusations in that same video.
Just listen to the end of the video, the cop admits to the accusations??

Cop: I don't like to yell at you thats why i took a step towards you. @ 5.27
Whats one of the favorite words thrown around by cops??? OHH "Coward"

re read your last paragraph as stated. you direct your cop hating towards cops. now step into a police officers shoes try and make a decision that takes most lawyers and jurys weeks. we have to make in seconds with little information I AM not on any horse im just saying AGAIN its not so cut and dry from a video. but people that have had a negative experience with le can use this to bash police. just my 2 cents and i stated before respect is earned not given it stands for both sides.

Respect is earned not given you state? Exactly my point.

My brother was arrested and charged with 7 counts of lewd/lacivious behavior and 1 rape. All the victims testified it was not my brother including the rape victim, except the lieutenants wife (also a cop). One of the victims was friends with my brother and also said it wasn't him yet the LE and his wife continued with their insistance it was him when actually he, I and another brother were out to dinner together and then to a movie when his wife was assaulted. The waitress even testified we were in her restuarant yet the Lieutenant got a warrant and put my brother through hell for two years and $$$$ in lawyers. They finally catch the guy and he resembles my brother but 6 inches shorter and 40 lbs. lighter. Stupid cop.

My wife is rear ended so hard it bends my mint, 1995 LT-1 Fleetwood. The guy puts a 10 year old kid through the windshield. He gets out of his vehicle grabs the kid off the pavement who is throwing up from the head injuries, tosses him back in the car and takes off. He sideswipes another car running. Five people witness this, get the make, model and plate number. Two people positively identify him in a photo lineup. Plates are stolen from his mom's car which she tells police at the scene investigating. He does not even get a ticket. He does not seek medical attention for the boy. He does it again two months later and walks again. He just got arrested for possesion two weeks ago and walks again with no bail. My bet is he is an informant for you guys and is above the law just like you guys.

My son is run over (under the car for 20 minutes before EMT arrive) by a guy with no insurance, unregistered vehicle, stolen plates and failure to yeild for a traffic device. They let the guy pick up his car from impound the next day with $235.00 worth of tickets and a tow/storage bill while he has an outstanding warrant for failure to appear on drug charges. My son looses his baseball scholarship to Purdue takes 18 months to rehab and I have $260,000.00 worth of medical bills. I am not eligle for state victims aid because they would not charge him with the misdemeanor of the stolen plates. A friend sees the vehicle at work the next day and calls me. I call the cops and they tell me to "leave my son in ICU, go follow the guy when he leaves work and call them so they can give him another ticket". They are busy!

And you want me to respect law enforcement?

Mikey

faster you dont have to do anything. ive never done anything to you and im pretty sure you dont live in detroit. i cant help whats happened to you to make your opinion the way it is. but im not the bad guy. i was just saying and ill say it again if you were not there. its not so cut and dry. and respect is earned not given. ive done nothing to disrespect you so i expect the same in return. anything else you can pm me ill give you my phone # and well talk.

but as you just stated your bad experience with police. has nothing to do with me. i am not those guys or above anything wich you state that i am. and i dont have any informants. i understand your frustration the system is very flawed.

and if you feel that the police in YOUR area the ones you pay taxes for, are not giving you the service you deserve call and talk to a supervisor or make a complaint. because im pretty sure you dont pay city taxes where i work.

and if you feel that the police in YOUR area the ones you pay taxes for, are not giving you the service you deserve call and talk to a supervisor or make a complaint. because im pretty sure you dont pay city taxes where i work.
And he'd be harrassed by cops at every turn. Seen it happen in my city.

It's not against the law to bitch and complain to a cop. Verbal abuse is just part of the job. The kid was upset from a 45 minute response time after getting assaulted. Police are trained to de-escelate.

The cop escalated the situation instead of defusing it. He handled it wrong. You don't go chest to chest with somebody who is clearly agitated. Police aren't trained to do it that way. However, the kid continued the escalation by posturing up after he was challenged. Stupidity all around.

I have had horrible experiences with Police, from getting beat up to taking my property illegally. Ive been sent to jail for b.s fake charges the list will go on and on and on. Not even worth mentioning what they have done to me. I have said it before it got to the point i wouldn't even want to stop if i saw a patrol car throw the lights on me. Even if i saw a patrol car anywhere behind me i would immediately just turn to completely avoid them. Ive had police tell me in my face im sure my son (their son) is going to enjoy it (my property). They even killed my friend @ a local bar not cool.. I avoid police as much as possible. Im not going to lie.

I showed this to an attorney friend of mine who makes a living out of suing the police department and his response was he would have this cop badge, his job gone and million dollars worth of damages from the department he works for because the cop did not handle the situation properly and was complete asshole all around, he is there to protect and to serve not to put a beat down on a citizen who just called for help..

thats an opinion who says your friend wouldve won ? AGAIN its one side . did the kid make a complaint ?or is just your opinion one sided. for all who hate cops i bet they are the first ones you call when your in trouble. or need help. maybe just maybe they have had run ins with this kid before? but we dont know because there isnt the whole story on here.

there is always a few people in every group that mess it up for everyone.

i can completely agree with this statement, i think if you stated that earlier a lot of the back and forth could have been avoided.

but as you just stated your bad experience with police. has nothing to do with me. i am not those guys or above anything wich you state that i am. and i dont have any informants. i understand your frustration the system is very flawed.

agree with most of this statement, i dont think anyone on here think its your fault there are bad cops , i will apologize if i insinuated that in my last post, but law enforcement is a tight knit brotherhood/fraternity and you guys will back each others play till the end good/bad/or indifferent. I understand that cops feel that nobody can understand what they go through but other cops, and in some instances your probably closer to your partner/other cops than civilian friends/family.

you came on here to defend the cops actions in the video and took it personal with people that disagreed with you, and i understand that most cops would do the same, cops will almost always look the other way when a fellow cops does something wrong, and wont file a complaint because it might be that cop that responds to a call when you need help we get that.

now you state we should file a complaint look how it work out for the person below, until both side start to better understand each other the problem will only grow, again not directed to you personally just a response to your statement above

i appreciate it. not taken personal i guess alot of departments have some issues. i can say if your doing something wrong immoral illegal i will not work with that person.

i have personally never seen anyone ive ever worked with harrass or make problems for a person that made a complaint. so if it did happen i would personally try and help that citizen internal affairs will do an investigation. i wasnt always a cop and have had run ins myself but i always respected the police and have never had the police come to my or my parents house for any reason.

i appreciate it. not taken personal i guess alot of departments have some issues. i can say if your doing something wrong immoral illegal i will not work with that person.
i have personally never seen anyone ive ever worked with harrass or make problems for a person that made a complaint. so if it did happen i would personally try and help that citizen internal affairs will do an investigation. i wasnt always a cop and have had run ins myself but i always respected the police and have never had the police come to my or my parents house for any reason.

thanks for the above, now since it seems that we are all here trying to get to a common goal, and sharing our experiences can i ask you to review the video and this time lets assume that
1. there has never been any interaction between the parties involved, they have never met prior to this video
2. the encounter started as soon as the video started recording and not one word was exchanged before.
3. all you have is the what happened in the video to base response on.

again not saying the kid was right or that i would have done anything different than what the cop did, which is probably the reason im not a cop lol,

every department has a different policy to make a complaint. most complaints are unfounded but there are some legit ones. you have to talk to a supervisor provide id the supervisor writes your complaint down and then gives it to the office of chief investigator. they interview the complainant and decide if its worth following through. then they interview the officer . based on the facts the officer is delt with accordingly. if the complaint is unfounded it goes no where. if its a good complaint the officer gets some kind of punishment. depending on the severety the officer could loose his job.

#1 most of the time when arriving at a scene it is hostile or there are alot of things going on. this video the kid couldve been a little more respectfull and maybe the cop wouldve acted differently. the cop did not show much empathy or patience. i would say the kid rubbed him the wrong way and he was flexing back due to the us soldier comment. when he walked towards him the kid possibly postured up. now the cop thinking he was doing something took it from an interview to active resistance and took him to the ground. juat being in this uniform either gives a good experience or negative one. depending on the person past history dealing with the police. with just only the video to go on they were both wrong.

every department has a different policy to make a complaint. most complaints are unfounded but there are some legit ones. you have to talk to a supervisor provide id the supervisor writes your complaint down and then gives it to the office of chief investigator. they interview the complainant and decide if its worth following through. then they interview the officer . based on the facts the officer is delt with accordingly. if the complaint is unfounded it goes no where. if its a good complaint the officer gets some kind of punishment. depending on the severety the officer could loose his job.

thats for your honest reply, i really like when we can have a good discussion on peoples views on any topic were there are different views/opinons, I believe both sides can usually learn from them. but in my post above i would like to see if you can review the original video post on page one, with no assumptions from either side.

thats why i miss GNBrett, i loved having these back and forths with him i think in the end we both walked a way with a different view/opinion and a better understanding of the other side... which i think is a travesty there shouldn't be an other side regardless of which side your on lol