E85 conversion!

I think they are wanting you to sump the tank. Which I would be willing to do. I had this done on my 11sec 92 Z28. It had a an external paxton fuel pump and regulator up front.

The more I think about it Dave, a new sumped tank with an external pump is going to be a good option. Pricey,but an option.
Tank=200
Sump kit installed=175
Teflon Lines=250
Pump=400
Roughly 1100-1200

I'm interested in E85 now that it is becoming more available. I've been running an external Bosch pump with stock intank pump since 1992. I wonder if I could just upgrade my pumps and do this?

TT/Ameasap said:
The more I think about it Dave, a new sumped tank with an external pump is going to be a good option. Pricey,but an option.
Tank=200
Sump kit installed=175
Teflon Lines=250
Pump=400
Roughly 1100-1200

Bo I'm stubborn. I really would like to use an in tank setup. If it ends up too difficult I won't, but I guess we'll wait and see.

I'm interested in E85 now that it is becoming more available. I've been running an external Bosch pump with stock intank pump since 1992. I wonder if I could just upgrade my pumps and do this?
The problem is you can't run the stock lines. E85 commands roughly 25%-30% more fuel than gasoline. Thats only if you plan on running a lot of HP. Stock sending unit lines are still a restriction.

Im gonna go sumped with -8feed and -6 return with an external fuellab pump.

The problem is you can't run the stock lines. E85 commands roughly 25%-30% more fuel than gasoline. Thats only if you plan on running a lot of HP. Stock sending unit lines are still a restriction.

Im gonna go sumped with -8feed and -6 return with an external fuellab pump.

Gotcha, been looking at more related E85 threads, I see what you mean.
It looks like mpg isn't very good, but these cars are play toys so I guess that doesn't equate when going for more power.
I hope to see you both all end up with some positive results!

RatFink said:
Gotcha, been looking at more related E85 threads, I see what you mean.
It looks like mpg isn't very good, but these cars are play toys so I guess that doesn't equate when going for more power.
I hope to see you both all end up with some positive results!

MPG goes down, but I've always run at least 100 octane, so compared to that overall it's much cheaper. It's also a lit easier to find around here. I can't wait for spring time!

Almost have everything bought! 120's arrived today! And their not an ugly color like in pics..Nice stainless sheen!

MPG goes down

Who burned your chip? Just have them lean out your idle and part throttle with the E85, then adjust your acceleration enrichment and wide open throttle to compensate for the performance you need when you lay into it. That should bring back some of your mpg...

TT/Ameasap said:
Almost have everything bought! 120's arrived today! And their not an ugly color like in pics..Nice stainless sheen!

Where did you buy your injectors?

Street Lethal said:
Who burned your chip? Just have them lean out your idle and part throttle with the E85, then adjust your acceleration enrichment and wide open throttle to compensate for the performance you need when you lay into it. That should bring back some of your mpg...

I might do something like this, but I'm not really worried too much about fuel economy.

Ordered rear last week. Dana 60 with Detroit Locker and some other goodies too. Next week will be iffy , but I'm gonna try to at least fire it up.

TT/Ameasap said:
Ordered rear last week. Dana 60 with Detroit Locker and some other goodies too. Next week will be iffy , but I'm gonna try to at least fire it up.

Let me know how that Detroit locker is! Everyone says they're noisy, I'm sure it can't be too bad though! I can come out to your house if you want help installing it? Had my rear apart so many times now!

Let me know how that Detroit locker is! Everyone says they're noisy, I'm sure it can't be too bad though! I can come out to your house if you want help installing it? Had my rear apart so many times now!
I could use an extra hand. I'll let you know when it's ready to install. I'm going to buy a new tank and sump it for the change too.

Don't forget a volt booster! Gabby had me put one on and I did see a drop in my injector duty cycle. It will squeeze more fuel out of that 416.

I just picked up a volt booster for this very reason. What kind of drop did you see?

I will try to pull up a log and see. I haven't been on here much but will try to reply ASAP.