Dyno tested my car today

Buickforlife

Tyler Northcutt
I dyno tested my car today. Mods are 60lb injectors with Turbo Tweak chip, alky injection with a progressive controller, walbro fuel pump, adjustable FP regulator, CAI, TE44 turbo, I was running about 22psi of boost. Everything else is stock.

Max Horsepower: 253 @4000 rpm

Max Torque: 341 @ ~3600 rpm

This was at 3520 ft. above sea level

It became quite obvious to me that my stock valve springs are not doing too good. I already ordered some replacement valve springs. It didn't want to rev past 4500 rpm, and it wasn't quick to get there either.

Do these #'s seem ok to yall? I for one was very happy that my little v6 was putting close to 300 at the crank.

Any ideas for mods now? besides the valve springs. I was thinking the 3" external gated downpipe, and a FMIC next.

I don't want to piss in your Wheaties, but at the crank?? Dude, that's weak, I'm sorry to report. Your elevation will lose a little power, but....

I don't know if you subscribe to GM High-Tech magazine, but their Turbo Buick basics segment has a 100,000 mile GN making 325 horse & 450 Lb Ft @ the WHEELS!

This is with....

new valvesprings
hotwired pump from Racetronics
MAF pipe w/ K&N
Adj, FPR
42.5 lb injectors
58 mm Precision turbo (basicly a modern TA49)
RJC powerplate
ported throttlebody
TT 93 pump gas chip @ 19 PSI (they added some race gas)
3" downpipe & 2.5" PYPES dual exhaust

yep something is not right, 253 rwhp at 22psi is pretty weak, with that turbo you should be close to 330 or maybe 550rwhp.

I would be getting them springs in ASAP for starters.

Next.... what did your scantool show for o2 mV?? Sounds pig rich to be that low on power.

Is your ignition system up to par? New R43TS plugs (gapped @ .032, new 8.5 MM low OHM wires.

What exhaust do you have?? Still running a cat? Still stock transverse muffler setup? For Gods sake, I hope you don't have a Flowmaster muffler either.

With 22psi on a Dynojet you should be at 330-340whp with a good tune. Get something you can read the a/f with

How do you know what the crank hp is if the motor isnt out of the car? Are you sure you didnt mean rwhp.

Wow, you don't have to be an ******* about it.

I wasn't being a whatever you called me. You wanted an answer, you got one. I was stating a bold fact. Sorry to offend you.:rolleyes:

I also offered up some helpfull advise, but I guess you don't want that either.

stock downpipe, 3" exhaust with super turbo mufflers, still has the cat, stock throttle body, stock intercooler, no powerplate, stock valve springs. I still have a lot of tuning to do, and a bunch of work to do on it. I did this run right after I got the alky working just to see what it would do.

I welcome advice, you came off as being a jerk. The #'s are to the wheels, I did a little calculation to see what it would be at the crank. I may be way off with my calculation for the crank hp #'s.

stock downpipe, 3" exhaust with super turbo mufflers, still has the cat, stock throttle body, stock intercooler, no powerplate, stock valve springs. I still have a lot of tuning to do, and a bunch of work to do on it. I did this run right after I got the alky working just to see what it would do.

Is this an AlkyControl kit (Razors) ??

If so, what is the gain controller set at?

It should only be a little over #4. Maybe 4.5 at the most.

Maybe you're flooding it with Alky.:confused:

Is this an AlkyControl kit (Razors) ??

If so, what is the gain controller set at?

It should only be a little over #4. Maybe 4.5 at the most.

Maybe you're flooding it with Alky.:confused:

It isn't a razors kit, I got it from The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com I talked to the owner for a couple hours, and got everything figured out. I got a few different nozzles with the kit. I put the biggest one that came with it, I guess I will try and put a smaller jet in there, if you think it is flooding it with alky. If I remember right the 02 was reading ~790.

It isn't a razors kit, I got it from The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com I talked to the owner for a couple hours, and got everything figured out. I got a few different nozzles with the kit. I put the biggest one that came with it, I guess I will try and put a smaller jet in there, if you think it is flooding it with alky. If I remember right the 02 was reading ~790.

o2's look very good.

I know my Razor's kit came with an M15 nozzle. Look to see what one is in there.

I'm not saying for sure that you're spraying too much, but there is such a thing as too much.

For now, just relax & get the new valvesprings in. That should make a huge difference. At 22 PSI those poor wornout springs were probably hanging off the seats by .005:eek:

Oh... and if you can, ditch the cat-converter. Turbo engines dislike any form of backpressure. Depending on miles, it could be getting very clogged up.

If you can't because of emissions in your state, then I'd be looking into a high-flow one.

o2's look very good.

I know my Razor's kit came with an M15 nozzle. Look to see what one is in there.

I'm not saying for sure that you're spraying too much, but there is such a thing as too much.

For now, just relax & get the new valvesprings in. That should make a huge difference. At 22 PSI those poor wornout springs were probably hanging off the seats by .005:eek:

I have the new springs on the way from Summit. Should be here Thursday, or Friday. I has the 15 nozzle in it. I bet it's the same 15 as your M15 nozzle.

How much better do you think it would do with the new valve springs?

Oh... and if you can, ditch the cat-converter. Turbo engines dislike any form of backpressure. Depending on miles, it could be getting very clogged up.

If you can't because of emissions in your state, then I'd be looking into a high-flow one.

Next thing on my list is the 3" downpipe with a cutout. Hopefully I can get it pretty soon.

I am no expert but mine was 300hp/310torque and I have less 36 lbs injectors and a ta49.

your HP seems low but I know Jack :redface: