Dyno results

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
This is the results with the V4 I just installed........

2ndrun.....348.4 HP and 501.1 Torque 22lbs boost
3rd run....358.7 HP and 525 Torque 24lbs boost

Actually did three runs and the first print out did not show up. 3rd run Torque was not accurate was a guess.

I was expecting close to 400Hp's. Is this about right Hp's putting out of my GN?

Your car is exactly like salvageV6. :eek:

Really. Same track time too. :)

I did mine at 20* dyno timing and 24* track timing.

Your "400 HP" is being swallowed whole by your art carr torque converter. Adding a lockup TC, even if its a stock D5, would put you closer to 400 hp to the wheels.

Our set-ups are very similiar(my turbonetics turbo is = to a te-44)---at 26lbs.--my hp was 380'something--but my torque was not as high as yours.

Geoff Hall

I agree on the converter. The combo we have is similar to yours, but using the stock D5 locked up. There is a huge difference between locked up and not. Not bad numbers, though! (Think of how many mustangs wish they could see those numbers!) :)

My track times and dyno. numbers were without lockup.

I don't think it works anymore anyway. :(

Certainly not programmed with the Maxeffort chip either at WOT.

Originally posted by BM Computer Src
I agree on the converter. The combo we have is similar to yours, but using the stock D5 locked up. There is a huge difference between locked up and not. Not bad numbers, though! (Think of how many mustangs wish they could see those numbers!) :)

It's the torque numbers that are really impressive about GN's, not the horsepower. Torque gets you the ET, hp just gives you impresive trap speeds. As evidenced by my TA - all hp and no torque compared to the t-type. 12.5 @ 115.8 was my best a couple weeks ago. A GN would be way in the 11's with that kind of trap speed..

A very well running LS1 with long-tubes, no cats, and an airbox can make that hp no problem. Of course it will only make 350 torque as well, instead of 525 :D

350 hp 500 torque and you're running 12.6 @ 109 ?? Was the 12.6 with all your current mods? I would think you'd be running 11's almost with that kind of power.. I see guys making 275 hp running mid 12's..

12 Second Quarter?

It only takes about 160 horsepower and 98 ft-lbs to get into the 9s, at over 140. But it has to be Suzuki horsepower! (And a lightweight rider.) Kawasaki horspower is an alternative, but not quite as quick.

Re: 12 Second Quarter?

Originally posted by Ormand
It only takes about 160 horsepower and 98 ft-lbs to get into the 9s, at over 140. But it has to be Suzuki horsepower! (And a lightweight rider.) Kawasaki horspower is an alternative, but not quite as quick.

Umm.. ZX-12?? Stock for stock a zx-12 vs. a busa it's all rider. Put pipes and power commanders on them and the zx-12 will absolutely SMOKE the busa - zx12's make 180 hp with the stuff done to them.

But if you're talking about liter bikes.. Nothing is an alternative to suzuki horsepower.

Originally posted by Berman
350 hp 500 torque and you're running 12.6 @ 109 ?? Was the 12.6 with all your current mods? I would think you'd be running 11's almost with that kind of power.. I see guys making 275 hp running mid 12's..

That time is without the V4.

Originally posted by UNGN
Your "400 HP" is being swallowed whole by your art carr torque converter. Adding a lockup TC, even if its a stock D5, would put you closer to 400 hp to the wheels.

So i'm losing hp's from the torque convertor? Actually the torque convertor is a Art-carr 9.5" lock-up (forgot to change the sig.)

Originally posted by TurboV6

So i'm losing hp's from the torque convertor? Actually the torque convertor is a Art-carr 9.5" lock-up (forgot to change the sig.)

Unless you locked it up during the run, there's 30 HP.

Originally posted by UNGN

Unless you locked it up during the run, there's 30 HP.

Wow 30hp's! I did not have time to check why its not locking up, its beem like that for awhile.

I'm 30 H.P. short too. Gotta fix that lockup on the D5 and get one or two runs in before she blows up. :)

It won't lock up unless you have a switch or chip that locks it up under WOT, but then you probably knew that.

I did wire up a toggle switch to the ALDL connector but no lock-up on the tranny. Got to check out the brake switch and check tranny solinoid if getting juice later.

But will locking up the tranny damage the transmission?

Now just thinking back I was in a rush to go the the dyno last night and forgot to switch out the chips! I got a Joe L. street chip in it right now!