Blown head gasket questions

Facts? Why is it always 1 and 2 cylinder that blow?
what fact are you saying that are facts?here is real fact there are a few of us that have and know how to move alot of alky through the up pipe without the issues or walls you speak of.how many gph do you flow that you are seeing issues?let me put it this way if your below 50gph and losing your number 1 i will tell you its not the fuels fault;)

No, it was still 93 and Alky when it blew then I changed over.

So now I have two sensors for fuel pressure. One before the injectors and one after.

You were logging alky pressure when headgaskets blew and logs show pressure steady with no drop?

You were logging alky pressure when headgaskets blew and logs show pressure steady with no drop?
the xfi had the wrong target afr with the wrong timing.if he wants to post his high recall on the xfi at this point he can i wish he would at this point since many people have bullshit theories but the log doesnt lie

Liquid, in suspension, subjected to 2G's of force, plus 30psi of air pressure would tend to "blow" the mixture to the rear of the intake.
Maybe why a port injection,{or some other nefarious method}, alky system may help keep things under the head? :confused:
an rjc plate and High Pressure will fill the intake evenly ;)

the xfi had the wrong target afr with the wrong timing.if he wants to post his high recall on the xfi at this point he can i wish he would at this point since many people have bullshit theories but the log doesnt lie

I did not see a log. So, without seeing a log, I see the 2 front cylinders blown multiple times. He did not say random cylinders. 1 and 2 every time. Your theory would suggest that the afr target and timing was specific to 1 and 2 cylinder only. I am not arguing that the targets were off but it does not appear to be a global issue.

It's been proven that the front cylinders take the hit when alky does not get to them. The reasons for not getting to them are debatable but the end result is very clear.

The coolant overflow tank sucks for alky. That is a fact like no other. It's not "Rocket Surgery" as BB would say. Itt is backwards sir.

Can the backwards alky tank work? Hell to the yeah as long as its kept full and under boiling point.

Rick

Last edited:
It could be worse but is no longer funny. I have paid my dues in that I can now lay out the tools needed to take the engine apart.
For some reason the XFI really made a change. When I get it back together, I will take it to someone that knows this system better. I thought I could fiqure it out myself as four heads gaskets later says otherwise.

Almost makes me want to move on to something else, but I don't want to go slower.