Blown head gasket questions

For some reason with the "learn" box checked, the dyno tuning done by a two very competent people changed.

Looking back now I compared the current tune to the one done I can see many differences.

It could be worse but is no longer funny. I have paid my dues in that I can now lay out the tools needed to take the engine apart.
For some reason the XFI really made a change. When I get it back together, I will take it to someone that knows this system better. I thought I could fiqure it out myself as four heads gaskets later says otherwise.

Almost makes me want to move on to something else, but I don't want to go slower.

When asked about what fuel management system to use I tell the person to pick one they fully understand and can tune by themselves. When I first got my GN I was watching what Russ Merrit was doing with their GN. He was consistently running bottom 10's with Erics 5.7 alky chip, stock stroke 109, a pair of heads an LT1 MAF and Translator. It was a simple as it got. I had no desire to run that fast but wanted my car to run hard pass after pass with simplicity, so I followed Dirty Harrys advice. 'A man's got to know his limitations.' I knew what mine were, and I figured out early stock junk was incredibly durable from watching what Russ was doing and all I needed was Erics chip and I learned how to tune at the track on the weekends. Getting in over your head makes for a very disappointing experience with these cars, as I've seen quite a few locals get out after tossing a pair of head gaskets. I wish you all the best with your car.

For some reason with the "learn" box checked, the dyno tuning done by a two very competent people changed.

Looking back now I compared the current tune to the one done I can see many differences.
The self learning feature only adjusts the VE or Load table, so something else happened to the AFR target and timing tables.

Even if you decide not to post the root cause, I am merely suggesting you look deeper why the tables changed.

When asked about what fuel management system to use I tell the person to pick one they fully understand and can tune by themselves. When I first got my GN I was watching what Russ Merrit was doing with their GN. He was consistently running bottom 10's with Erics 5.7 alky chip, stock stroke 109, a pair of heads an LT1 MAF and Translator. It was a simple as it got. I had no desire to run that fast but wanted my car to run hard pass after pass with simplicity, so I followed Dirty Harrys advice. 'A man's got to know his limitations.' I knew what mine were, and I figured out early stock junk was incredibly durable from watching what Russ was doing and all I needed was Erics chip and I learned how to tune at the track on the weekends. Getting in over your head makes for a very disappointing experience with these cars, as I've seen quite a few locals get out after tossing a pair of head gaskets. I wish you all the best with your car.
this would make alot of guys headaches go away if they truly understood.

The self learning feature only adjusts the VE or Load table, so something else happened to the AFR target and timing tables.

Even if you decide not to post the root cause, I am merely suggesting you look deeper why the tables changed.
his car is going to be keeping him busy for sure.

ooooh shit ...Obi Wan Kenobi. .... is in here now :p

Another "Aw shit" moment!
Blown turbo engine.jpg