Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

Low & High VE, leaving out Extended...

ae12d80a-6bbc-410c-a761-2a25525fcef9_zpsc0a2e363.jpg

d6960f88-234e-41ac-900e-2febb23b81c7_zps0f815e8a.jpg

Okay, I put the original settings back. Just checked the pedal, matches 100% TPS....

(y)

Don't wanna wait to get the WB back in, should I just throw the VE graphs/cells up and visually see where to pull fuel to bring the BLM up from 117 back to 123-128?

Just use the VE Learn in BLM mode, way too much work to do this manually. Can then tune in PE mode with the WB via VE Learns. Then on to tuning boost.

RemoveBeforeFlight

does that battery on top of the rad support help or hurt traction :)

... lol, can't decide on the middle of the trunk, or on the right under the interior panel where the spare tire goes, and I cringe at cutting anything up because it's such a "creampuff" lol. :p

Damn burnout in that video triggered the VATS light too lol...

VATS.... is that the vertical air takeoff sensor attached to the crankshaft :)

Any updates from the SFI-6 users? Just some part throttle tuning today before the fireworks on my part, I can't floor it anymore because all I get is a smoke show, and I don't want to piss off the neighbors. It's bad enough I am running an open downpipe as it is...

Just a quick post, the Air Flow column is not in gms/sec. It is just a decent estimate that is used for non-critical functions within the ECM.

For HP estimates it is better to use the injector duty cycle. Although that does include the injector offset, which can be subtracted out.

RemoveBeforeFlight

dutycycle is allready at 100

Pacecarta is right though, he reminded me last night that being that I am commanding too much fuel at wide open throttle as it is, the injector DC is maxed when it really shouldn't be. Once I get the fuel dialed down in those cells it should give me more room to play with in the fueling, but not much though...

tuning continues . still learning but here is the latest performance.

Awesome stuff Bob...!!!!

Still tuning on mine as well, sorting out the wastegate control this weekend. I have a video of a short burst, but the quality sucks, as I was trying to hold a camera towards the boost gauge and speedo at the same time while driving. This is with a stock throttle body and 23x/23x cam w/stock converter still (1600-stall). She idles like a kitten, off idle is fantastic, and the lag isn't too bad for what it is. Gotta get a converter in there soon though, this is only 8-psi of boost pressure. Open downpipe, so the sound of the exhaust overpowers everything else...

Last edited:
One thing I found with limited tuning time; the PID's for WG control will need to be changed when changing the exhaust configuration. Example: Through full exhaust the boost control was really close, but one day I decided to uncork the exhaust and boost spiked 4-5 psi over the set limit, but only for a split second.

Engine is tamed, small cubed SBC, monster cam, 900-RPM in Closed Loop, never dips below that, no surging, no hesitation, stock 48mm throttle body, stock 1.84" valves, stock TPI runners, constant 180 degree coolant temps, constant 30+psi in oil pressure, rev limiter set to 5600-RPM for the street, T72 turbo, lights lit on the dash are air bag and e-brake. Upcoming race coming up with two GN owners very soon... :D

Was hoping to run last night over at e-town, but some friends couldn't make it, so I am hopeful for a test and tune session tomorrow in it's place at the same track. Above video sounds very muffled in the car, this is how she sounds regularly with an open down pipe. This is twenty seconds after the engine was just started for the day, low coolant temps between 50-60 degrees, Open Loop @ 1100-RPM. Neighbors just love me lol... ;)

Last edited:
Thinking about going this route after reading 19 pages of posts. I made a cable and got Tuner Pro RT to work but not showing all data, especially on the monitor view...I will keep plugging away..