Double In-tank Pump DIY Kit

You would think with over 2400 views they would see there's a "BIG" interest and the time it was going in the works, March but no word on anything yet. I guess we all just have to play the waiting game :(

The Buick DIY DP project is still on the to-do list BUT has been put on hold so Racetronix can address other higher priority projects.
The DIY DP will not be coming out this year.

There are too many conflicting requests for what people expect in our DIY DP setup. For some people it is price, for others it is all out performance and features. Some people want to use some of their own parts and some people have sending units in poor condition. There is also a problem with the DIY aspect of the kit. No matter how refined we make the kit and instructions, a good amount of technical skill and the proper tools will be required to assemble the DP unit. I can quite easily see how this will be the preverbal Pandora’s Box.

As soon as I have any further information on this subject I will post it in this thread.
Please do not send me personal emails asking for status updates on the DIY DP unit as my answer will not differ from what I have posted here.

If you require a DP unit ATR and Quad Air currently manufacture them.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

Jack, I see ya coming out with a bunch of new ICs, how about some fuel to feed those monsters? The nitrous habbit needs a lot of fuel. More than the singe I have. Good job with all the new products. Keep them coming.

New IC's?
I think you have Jack @ Racetronix confused with Jack @ Cotton's?
Racetronix does not manufacture or sell IC's.

In regards to this DP thread...
Racetronix position on this product has not changed from September 13th, 2002. There are certain components on the Buick sender that would require above average skill to assemble regardless of how well refined the product was or how well the manual was written. We could easily see how the tech support on a product like this would burry us as Racetronix is not a retail operation but rather a manufacture / distributor. The cost to package and support a kit such as this could easily overshadow the D-I-Y appeal. Another problem is the age and condition of many Buick sending units out there which are too far gone to accept adaptation.

Anybody needing a DP unit should not wait for Racetronix to bring one to market. ATR and Red Armstrong both make proven capable units for a fair price.

If for any reason our position were to change due to unforeseen reasons I will post here. Thanks to all those who expressed interest in this product.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

PS. If there is a retailer out there that would like to market, inventory and provide full support for the DP product Racetronix would consider manufacturing the components.

Oops. I was thinking about Mease. So many vendors coming out with new goodies these days. Thanks for your reply.

Just a note to all the people who have subscribed to this thread that I have decided to go ahead with this product.

All further discussion of this product has been moved to this location which allows us to more easily manage our posts:

http://www.turbo6power.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5087

Please post your questions or comments in the new thread:

http://www.turbo6power.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5087

Please do not post non-related items there as they will be deleted. Customer suppport questions should be directed to sales@racetronix.com

DP in tank

Hope you can make them for TTA i need one. I have two new 340 pumps but need this kit.:confused: :( :) Thanks Alan

hmmm..thread is from Aug 2002 and its Sept of 2008 :eek: .. I am goin to take a wild guess .. NO.. you believe in the tooth fairy to ?? :p :biggrin:

hmmm..thread is from Aug 2002 and its Sept of 2008 :eek: .. I am goin to take a wild guess .. NO.. you believe in the tooth fairy to ?? :p :biggrin:

I use to believe in the tooth fairy . :D I can't help thinking their is some sort of demand for a nice Plug "n" Play Double Pumper wiring harness . I could use one . or a DIY DP kit . :)