Double In-tank Pump DIY Kit

Racetronix

Greetings fellow Buick owners!

A few days ago I posted offering to put together a DIY double in-tank fuel pump kit. This is appealing for two reasons. One, eliminating the requirement to ship your sending unit out and have the car down and two, to save some ca$h.

This kit would contain:

- Two Walbro GSS340M pumps with filter socks
- New in-tank wiring made with fuel resistant silver-Teflon wire with direct connect Walbro to Delphi plugs (no adapters required)
- Pump mounting hardware
- Pump coupler with associated plumping and clamps
- New style Delphi bulkhead connector assembly with 4 conductors for direct ground, two independent + power feeds and level sender feed.
- Custom wiring harness made with Delphi waterproof connectors and fully plug & play
- Hobbs adjustable pressure switch

What I would like to know is how many people would be interested in a kit like this and if so what components would they want?

- pumps?
- harness?
- plumbing / coupler?

or any combination of these three groups.

At this time my company manufactures a double harness for the Buick but due to the limited number of conductors in the factory sending unit it is not 100% plug & play.

If you are interested please email me and quote in the subject line "Buick DIY Double fuel pump kit" and in your email simply list the key items you would be interested in. I will take a count and see if it is feasible based on the totals. If the numbers look respectable I will come up with some package prices and email everyone back that has made an inquiry. This should only take a few weeks as I would have to look into some custom C&C work for the mounting and coupling hardware.

If you have any questions or recommendations please post them in this thread so everyone can share in the discussion.

Thank you,

Jack :cool:

Racetronix

PS. Please limit this thread to the topic at hand in all fairness to everyone participating. Thanks! :)

Jack, I would be interested in having a doublepumper setup, is this the same or like the one RED or ATR sells. If you can send me any more info that would be great. Jr.

Jack,
Take it from me. If you put this together at the right price it will be a winner
Mike Licht

Jack,

I would be interested also.

But something to think about. Almost all of us have 1 single 340, that could be reused ,so the kit probably would be more appealing pricewise to be sold with one single pump of your choice(340/307) .

For me, i would not be interested in the wiring kit. Thanks for stepping up with this future product.

Louie

Originally posted by Racetronix
...What I would like to know is how many people would be interested in a kit like this and if so what components would they want?

- pumps?
- harness?
- plumbing / coupler?

or any combination of these three groups.......

Would be definately interested and here are my comments:

Option of purchasing with only one pump like mentioned.

Keep the wiring and plumbing simple. Presume no hot wire kit is needed as your harness would include a heavy gauge wire to the alt?

Further assume that it is plug-in with NO splicing, cutting or soldering required?

Thanks for considering this project as the only 2 choices we now have are very expensive and not very refined [especially ATR] in my opinion especially for what they cost.

Will definately purchase one [hopefully more!] if you do this, thanks.

The harness would be fully plug & play. :)

The kit would require the use of the GSS340 pumps.
A GSS307 will not work properly in this configuration due to its pressure limitations and the head pressures produced in this setup. You should not mix a GSS340 with a GSS307.

The package would include the custom Racetronix / Delphi WP PnP harness, sealed FSU bulkhead wiring assembly and in-tank Delphi to Walbro pump wiring assembly.

An option to delete one pump will be available. :)

Basic tools will be required to install the kit. If you can drop your tank then you should be adequately equipped. I will make the kit as complete as possible with minimal assembly required. some assembly required. batteries not included :D

Please address your checklist of 'required key component areas' of the three listed above to me via email. This way I can add your email to the list of people that will be sent info when it becomes available. This also makes it easier for me to keep a total as oppose to having to read through was is sure to be a lengthy thread to extract numbers. My email address can be easily obtained by clicking on my profile or by visiting my web page.

Due to the large volume of emails I can not reply to each person individually at this time about the specifics of the project. All answers and status updates will be posted in this thread for everyone to read as soon as they become available. I will provide pictures and product details once they are available.

Thank you for your participation and interest in this product.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

it is not possible to e-mail you from this board - please provide an e-mail address that will work

I would be interested in the wiring, mounting hardware, and one pump (or combinations thereof)

Dan wrote in via email asking about an indicator light / LED showing pump status.

I can provide a hi-output LED indicator for this purpose OR provide parts and instructions to wire it into the unused "POWER INJECTION' idiot light location on the dash.

Please keep in mind that extra options will add to the price of the kit.

Census?

Leave it as an extra cost option. Most guys have enough to do going down the track for a few seconds. A test point or probe to determine that is working could be defined.

Sounds like a winner

Jack,
I would be very interested in the set-up. When and if you offer the kit I would buy.
I think the indicator light would be a good option, as well a offering 1 or 2 pumps as someone else stated. Most of us already have 1 heavy duty pump as it is, and are just looking to upgrade to a 2nd.
My only preference is to assure the hobbs switch is the adjustable type.

Thanks,
Mike

jack, i am sure you recieved my first email the first night you were talking about this-
i already have new 340m pumps, and only need the wire harness
kit
i will email you again at the above addy, and hope to hear from you,
wanner @kc.rr.com

maybe all i need is the special y connector that feeds the second pump to the pressure line, and i could do the rest-

tia

I second Louie and Nick's comments. I already have one 340. I'm interested.
-Banning.