Double In-tank Pump DIY Kit

STATUS UPDATE

Based on the current level of interest I have given the green light on the project DIY double in-tank fuel pump kit .

A prototype harness has already been made incorporating the new components and features mentioned in my original post.

The current configuration favors the relays at the back of the car near the gas tank to reduce under-the-hood clutter and to simplify the wiring harness. This helps reduce costs and eliminates the requirement for having to drill holes to mount the relays.

I am having trouble gauging the balance of price vs. complexity / performance. :confused: Some people have indicated that they would be happy with a DIY kit that matches the current level of performance and relative ease of installation with currently available product as long as they saved some of the labor costs associated with a pre-assembled unit. Some people indicated that they would not mind if some of the DIY labor savings were put back into making the kit more robust and having more features. IMO most people that would require a double pump kit have spent a considerable amount getting their cars to this HP level. I imagine that a few extra dollars to place the kit at the ultimate edge of performance would carry more weight?
Relative to most other HP parts on a Buick this system would be one of the least expensive items to consider but one of the most important.

I am looking into setting up a web page where people can place their votes so that I can get a better idea on the criteria.

As soon as there is any new info I will post it in this thread.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

Looking forward to your Web page being posted. Let us know when it is so we can vote/voice our opinions.

-Banning.

Hey Jack, just wanting to know how the double pump set-up is coming along. Thanks Jr.

Just a quick update.

The PnP prototype harness is complete. :)
It is trick! ... sorry no pix yet!
The first prototype D-I-Y pump mounting jig made from billet CnC aluminum is undergoing evaluation and refinement right now. :)
The billet coupler is on the drawing board. :rolleyes:

I have opted to eliminate the use of a rubber hose as with today's gas it simply does not hold up. A new Delphi style coupler hose will be used as in the newer production cars to get around the rubber hose problem.

The kit we are producing now for the F-body uses some of these parts. http://www.racetronix.com/rx-f1ls1-gss340m-fpk.html

I have been getting many emails from people asking for personal status reports but due to my limited time I can not answer everyone individually. Developing and bringing a product such as this to market takes a considerable amount of time and resources. I want to make sure everything is top notch the first time it hits the market.
As soon as there are any further updates I will post them here.
I am hoping to have these kits ready for distribution well before the Buick Nationals.

Thank you for everyone's interest and patience.

Racetronix

I was just wondering.If the second pump comes on with a pressure switch.Is there a was to hook a on and off swith to make the pump come on .By-pass the pressure switch? I know it would be a very slim chance.But if the first pump was to crap out when Im out some were I would be able to run on the second pump until I was able to get around and chance out the pump.That means no tow truck bla,bla.
Just wondering..Thanks

Originally posted by Broken down
I was just wondering.If the second pump comes on with a pressure switch.Is there a was to hook a on and off swith to make the pump come on .By-pass the pressure switch? I know it would be a very slim chance.But if the first pump was to crap out when Im out some were I would be able to run on the second pump until I was able to get around and chance out the pump.That means no tow truck bla,bla.
Just wondering..Thanks

The only way to run on a second pump controlled by a pressure switch is to directly hook power to the second pump. Hook up an auxiliary power switch if you want to.

Originally posted by Broken down
Just wondering..Thanks

Yes you can jumper around the the pressure switch and use an on/off switch. This is assuming that the pressure switch can turn the second pump on without having the first pump running.

This is the way I have my second pump set up. The p/s turn on the pump at 15# but I can flip the switch (with ign on) and over power my return line capacity.

Gary

Originally posted by Racetronix
Just a quick update.

The PnP prototype harness is complete. :)
It is trick! ... sorry no pix yet!
The first prototype D-I-Y pump mounting jig made from billet CnC aluminum is undergoing evaluation and refinement right now. :)
The billet coupler is on the drawing board. :rolleyes:

I have opted to eliminate the use of a rubber hose as with today's gas it simply does not hold up. A new Delphi style coupler hose will be used as in the newer production cars to get around the rubber hose problem.

The kit we are producing now for the F-body uses some of these parts. http://www.racetronix.com/rx-f1ls1-gss340m-fpk.html

I have been getting many emails from people asking for personal status reports but due to my limited time I can not answer everyone individually. Developing and bringing a product such as this to market takes a considerable amount of time and resources. I want to make sure everything is top notch the first time it hits the market.
As soon as there are any further updates I will post them here.
I am hoping to have these kits ready for distribution well before the Buick Nationals.

Thank you for everyone's interest and patience.

Racetronix
Hey Jack, can you tell us how the dual set-up is comming along. Jr

I am very interested in this now, i just got the complete 340 and hot-wire kit though, could i send it back or just get an upgrade to the dual kit or something. Thanks

jack-i would be interested in getting a complete kit when they re ready-wire harness, pumps, indicator light -the works-matt

We do not have this item avaialble as of yet.
We do not have a delivery date.

Racetronix

Jack,

Are these ready to go yet? I need everything required for a double pumper set up EXCEPT the pumps (I might buy one if I HAVE to :) )

Seems to be a lot of people interested if this got up and running. It has been awhile since the release that it was going into production. What's the lates Jack?
Dan

Double Pumper

I was just wondering if there are any rough estimates on a price yet. I am very interested in this and would love to have one. Anyone know when they will be ready for sale. TIA