does a GN hood fit?

GNJAY302

hey guys, had a quick question, i have a 1987 buick GN and found a 1982 buick regal stock aluminum hood that id like to use for my car. I just dont know if that 82' regal hood will fit my 87'GN? I'll explain later why im doin this too, thx for the help.Jay

Sure it's a Buick? The only aluminum hoods I've seen are Olds...

V8Killer had a Cutlass hood that's aluminum. Does not have the same lines as a Buick. Weighs nothing though. Too bad Buick didn't make them for us.

Actually Buick did make a few aluminum hoods for our cars years ago I knew a guy who had one...not sure what specifics but also heard other stories as well.

they did make aluminum trunk lids for the earlier ones like 1978 regals as I had one that had aluminum trunk lid....

would have been nice as an option any time you can cut weight the benefits are worth it.....

you dn't have to look any futher than the what Hurst did with the Darts years ago packed with a Hemi and not much else.

Maybe Gbodyparts will repop a TB hood in aluminum.

My 1978 Buick century wagon has a aluminum hood on it and rad support also is aluminum and it came from factory that way but it has no bulge

81-83 regal 2 door and some century hoods fit 84-87. 78-80 stuff is different. And aluminum FLAT hoods definitely do exist