Doc Hoover 9.004@151

Much faster than any other v6 syclone I have ever seen!
Congratulations guys!

I think you have 2-3 tenths in just eliminating the hop at launch. What kind of suspension is on the syclone? :)

Blazer406 said:
Awesome run...... 2lbs less :eek: How much boost is 2# less equate to.........36? .... need an awd system for the regal...... :wink:

naw we had er set on 23 lbs. 26 is as much as we've ever put in the truck, on purpose :)

John Wilde said:
Much faster than any other v6 syclone I have ever seen!
Congratulations guys!

thanx a lot! :)

Big Stu said:
I think you have 2-3 tenths in just eliminating the hop at launch. What kind of suspension is on the syclone? :)

yeah thats tough bc of it being AWD. you have to keep the front tires on the ground bc its hard to control if you dont. when u keep the front tires on the ground the weight transfer is not like on a GN and the traction bars load and unload causing the truck to bounce. kinda sux bc if we were 2WD, we'd be A LOT faster

MATT

Scott Long said:
Nice run. Can you run it without the front driveshaft long enough to make one pass?

i dont think there's any way possible to make it down the track 2WD without a full chassis upgrade. there's a lot of HP goin through the drivetrain now and w/o the proper setup we'd be wasting our time. it would smoke the tires the whole way down the track, in my opinion. anyone that would think otherwise is welcome to chime in....

MATT

mhoover said:
i dont think there's any way possible to make it down the track 2WD without a full chassis upgrade. there's a lot of HP goin through the drivetrain now and w/o the proper setup we'd be wasting our time. it would smoke the tires the whole way down the track, in my opinion. anyone that would think otherwise is welcome to chime in....

MATT

You will be in the 8s soon.
I think we will have to wait for Mike C. to jump into the 7s!

3 more weeks and I'll be at that track! Can't Wait! Awesome run!

Congrats on the run, man that is ffffasssstt. I am sure you have a hell of a cage in that truck. I have been thinking of putting one in my truck but hate to b/c I drive it almost everyday.

be glad to. alan dudley has been helping us a lot with our truck and if we run 1/4 mile we go to steele. 1/8 we go to huntsville

MATT

I hope that truck does better at Steele than a car does on the top side. It used to be grooved out pretty bad and rough last time I run there. I hated it.

I heard the track was resurfaced but only to the 1/8 mile. What was your take on it Matt?

I may have to do some testing there when my schedule don't allow me to run at Huntsville.

Dusty Bradford said:
I hope that truck does better at Steele than a car does on the top side. It used to be grooved out pretty bad and rough last time I run there. I hated it.

I heard the track was resurfaced but only to the 1/8 mile. What was your take on it Matt?

I may have to do some testing there when my schedule don't allow me to run at Huntsville.

I told you that they were at Steele...... :biggrin:

Dusty Bradford said:

the guys at steele were very nice and helpful, the track was good BUT DAMN......after the 1/4 marker it was like i was running through some row crop! i broke a couple of tabs off our cladding slowing down! the drivers side was hanging on just by the bottom tabs. the top was dangling when i was going back down the return road. it was awful! dang i was pissed!

again the guys were great to us helping us with the track and prep and things like that but i dont know that i would ever go there again bc we'd just have the same thing happen again that happened last time. too bad bc i liked that track, except after u go through the lights.....

MATT

Matt, that's why when I ran there it is 1/8 only and get on the brakes. My car then was only a mid 10 car but I still didn't make a full pass.

Matt,
I tuned on your old truck last weekend (153+mph). The owner left it with me to straighten a couple things out. I was wondering if you could call me or PM me your phone number. I have a couple quick questions before we take it back out, again.

Thanks Cal

Matt,
I tuned on your old truck last weekend (153+mph). The owner left it with me to straighten a couple things out. I was wondering if you could call me or PM me your phone number. I have a couple quick questions before we take it back out, again.

Thanks Cal

Oh ****.... I'm coming up for a joy ride :D