Do you feel Police officer PROFILE cars?

Get one of these. I drive 85mph everywhere I go. Downtown even. Never get pulled.

99camry_001.jpg

do you drive 85 by choice or because your gas pedal gets stuck wide open? :D just kidding, i also drive my suv around and never get pulled over but that's not the point, i enjoy driving my gn i don't bother anybody or act a fool so it's starting to get under my skin a little bit.

I can tell you driving home late at night for the past 20+ years after midnite they will never touch an OLDSMOBILE.

Every officer/sheriff has there own thing they key on. Like raider stickers, steeler stickers, political stickers, tinted windows and some might be larger vehicles with dark windows. each has there own thing that they like to target. is this right or wrong you can decide yourself.

Just my .02

In the early-mid 80's I had a 76 Olds 98 2 door dark blue with dark tinted windows. As long as I was in Miami I was okay but anywhere else in Florida/USA/Canada with those Dade county tags guaranteed some LE wanted to look in the trunk.

I've been told on occasion, for BS tickets..

"You drive a nice car, you can afford it". Right from the officer's mouth verbatim. :confused: I've been told this a few times now.

I was 12-13 and we were in Ohio. Dad had a new 57 Caddy Fleetwood. Got pulled over doing the speed limit and ticketed becasue the officer said "you have money".

Here in G'ville the cops are too dumb to profile you have to run them over or hit their vehicle to get stopped unless you're driving my blue Ford conversion van. It must look evil or something.

Mikey

FCK Yes they do

many yrs ago i had 7-9 tickets in 2 yrs,,i sold my troubles to Fat Ride...my 87 GN...since then i have had many Turbo T in dif colors(but Black) and not a single ticket...
:smile::smile:

absolutely the profile certain cars without a doubt. i watched 30 cars leave a hangout one night louder than mine with a cop sitting across the street all night watching, as soon a i pull out in my integra, im instantly pulled over. i was pulled over going into church. yea i have tinted windows and a loud exhaust but i havent been pulled over once in my chrysler.

Here's a tip. A sure way to get pulled is to have a felony forest hanging from your rear view mirror.

absolutely the profile certain cars without a doubt. i watched 30 cars leave a hangout one night louder than mine with a cop sitting across the street all night watching, as soon a i pull out in my integra, im instantly pulled over.
The question was "cars" not lawnmowers.;)

Considering Integras are at the top of the stolen car list in many areas and often have stolen parts on them it only makes sense for a cop to single an Integra out with dark tints.

That's not profiling, that's business as usual. Same with Honda's or Jeep Cherokee or Ford F150's for that matter if your out west.

Geez...you guys make it so difficult. I always just ticket people who drive like an aszhole. Pretty simple that way. :)

Hey JDMJIM,

Brett is exactly right! We have a program out here about getting stolen vtec motors and transmissions and we impound tons of civics and integras. I myself have recovered over 40 vtec motors and transmissions with no serial #s that have been stolen in some cases out of multiple vehicles. the cars lose their engine and trans and if the owner wants they get the shell if not we crush them :biggrin:! I can email you the list if you wish! make sure you have the serial # and proper tags on it or i would suggest not driving to Las Vegas!:eek:

The question was "cars" not lawnmowers.;)

Considering Integras are at the top of the stolen car list in many areas and often have stolen parts on them it only makes sense for a cop to single an Integra out with dark tints.

That's not profiling, that's business as usual. Same with Honda's or Jeep Cherokee or Ford F150's for that matter if your out west.

really ? would't you just run a tag. i guess camrys get pulled over all the time too.

When they are on a 1099 call they don't profile. 10 dunkin donuts for 99 cents.

Got pulled yesterday. Harassment just like tommynos always says. He watched me pull out the bank and up to the light when it turned green he pulled me over. Gave me the riot act about insurance canceled in the Tallahassee computer. I provided proof of registration, insurance card, license, etc. Insurance is an auto debit from payroll at work. Called and it is paid in full. Current. He angled me up from the moment he seen me. End of the day trying to get to the bank before 6p.m. to pay some bills and what do you know? Cops harassing tax payers. However you go south about 10 miles to the ghetto and crack dealers are selling. Chop shops are in full effect. No cops there. To top it off he was a total a$$hole. Said I needed to go to the dmv and get it straight but he got a call and was in a hurry. That was why he was letting me go with a warning. I know for a fact my insurance is paid, tag is current, license is legit, so what was his problem? Trying to steal more from the working man. I know of a few around that are total a$$holes with a chip on their shoulders. Acting all billy bad a$$ hiding behind a badge.

I have never profiled a car except Turbo Buicks. I pull them over to chat. I look for violations. It dont mater what you drive you have to follow the law. Now if I see 2 at the same time I take the better violaton of the 2.

really ? would't you just run a tag. i guess camrys get pulled over all the time too.
A registration would not indicate if a motor is stolen.

I have also seen many Acura's, Honda's, etc... with license plates that were registered to another Acura or Honda but the when running the vin it would come back stolen because although the reg indicated it belonged on a particular car it in fact did not.

Little scams they try to play. We also find countless ones stripped with no ignition damage that had many anti-theft security measures indicating they were likely towed.

You can almost guarantee if you own an Acura you will be harassed to some degree. Law of averages says they are a more likely target of theft and stolen parts.

I am going to say YES

I can tell you driving home late at night for the past 20+ years after midnite
they will never touch an OLDSMOBILE.

100% true

My daily driver is a white 1998 oldsmobile intrigue. It's the visual equivalent to that white Camry above so I can totally understand how you can drive 85 mph everywhere. I've never even been looked at in this car. I was rolling around with an expired tag for a little while and had cops behind me at lights and they don't even bother looking.

Two incidents in the past month have confirmed this. I drive home on a twisty back road and I come through this thing at mach 5. As I'm blazing around a curve (folding the tires over the rims) a cop just happens to come around the corner from the opposite direction. He didn't even tap his brakes or look at me.
The same thing happened about a week before but the cop was stopped on the side of the road. I was doing around 70 as I passed him on this very twisty back road. My heart sank but the cop didn't budge.

Driving the Oldsmobile is like having a cloaking device.

Contrast this with the buick or my old Thirdgen F body where I have been pulled over for made up reasons. The last time in the Buick I wasn't even moving; I was stopped at a light.

There's a fine line between profiling and good police work. The Supreme Court has said many times that it doesn't matter what the officer's subjective opinions of a given vehicle are as long as there is a violation present.

What will get you stopped is BABEBALL cap. Be it straight, cocked, or backwards.

I was at the Drags once with my Olds just for fun.
I had my Summit cap on backwards so I could see the TREE.

My son said the announcer said here comes JR in daddy's car over the PA system. That was some JR I was prolly 47 at the time.. LOL :D

I own a 1983 Pontiac Trans Am and I never get pulled over

i dont put a Jamaican flag in my window

In my area if you have any spanish, Cribbean, African flags or drive an import (Ricer) you will more then likey get pulled over

i had no front plate for 8 months and never got pulled over

but one day a cop pulled over stock Honda in Lynn. the driver banged his head and hands against the steering wheel while the cop gave me a two thumbs up and I had no front plate.

it feels good to drive an american classic car :biggrin::cool:

Here in Cali, G Body cars have always been on the hot sheet of cars that are driven by gangsters. Suprisingly, I have only been pulled over once in my white TR and that was because I had my stereo up really high letting 30 inches worth of subwoofer annoy other motorist. Besides that i havent been pulled over since. I live in a small valley here in Ca and I actually like when they pull behind me because of a few reasons. I purposely removed my subwoofer box and took the 20 inch rims off to reduce the amount of attention I get. I keep the car extremely clean to get rid of that "lets pull that old hooptie over" action. When i see a cop I usually smile and give them a thumbs up!!! This kinda confuses them, either they think I am law enforcement myself or in the military. Here are the reasons why I dont mind cop attention.

1. They run my plates and find out who I am, where I live, and what kind of car Im driving.

2. Cops talk to each other alot so the more they talk the less harrassment I am going to get when they see me out driving.

3. If someone steals my car and a 50 see's someone else driving it they're going to get pulled over.