Do i really need a oil cooler for my gn , throw my oil cooler away to get a trasmission cooler?

I think this debate will go on as long as there are Turbo Buicks in the world. Looks like it's run them if you think you need it, don't run it if you don't think you need it. Personally I was happy to get rid of another set of hoses in the already crowded engine compartment.

I think this debate will go on as long as there are Turbo Buicks in the world. Looks like it's run them if you think you need it, don't run it if you don't think you need it. Personally I was happy to get rid of another set of hoses in the already crowded engine compartment.
X2

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I know on my motor we put on a rjc oil pan and my engine builder said running an external cooler wouldn't hurt but wasn't needed.

pitch it. One less spot for a oil leak when the adapter o-ring starts leaking. Get a tranny cooler and call it a day. Never was a fan of putting oil, tranny fluid and coolant together. Especially now when these cars are this old and some still have the orig rad. That rad ever has a issue and these fluids have a opportunity to play together.............it's not going to end well.

I run an external one, my new rad doesnt have one. As for leakage, I have a hydraulic shop at work and made up some 3400psi -8 hydraulic hoses for it, theyre pretty robust hahaha. My hot idle oil pressure went up about 5psi as stated above. Do I need it? Who knows, but it makes me happy

if you were a hybrid and had limited engine bay space and over all radiator capacity i would highly suggest using an oil cooler since having one is just another way for the engine to reject heat (think a-la air cooled VWs they rely on oil cooling) is important when your space is minimal.... but with the rather generous radiator and engine bay of a GN..... id let it ride without it!