Do i really need a oil cooler for my gn , throw my oil cooler away to get a trasmission cooler?

I haven't had mine on in over 10 yrs. No problems

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

the hotair TR's didn't come with them.just my 2cents

TRY ME!!

the hotair TR's didn't come with them.just my 2cents

TRY ME!!

Wanna bet?;) All the TR's from 78 to 83 didn't have 1 but in 84 they started using them. Quite a few people have removed them and never had an issue. There's really not going to be a problem if you want to take it off.:)

Wanna bet?;) All the TR's from 78 to 83 didn't have 1 but in 84 they started using them. Quite a few people have removed them and never had an issue. There's really not going to be a problem if you want to take it off.:)
Thank good I only threw two cents.but I own a 85 t typeW/87,thou miles no oil cooler.have a parts 84 hotair no oil cooler now 86 cold air that does.An like Charlief1 says take it off.I did my last 86 no problems ever.

TRY ME!!

can someone tell me the negative to having one installed?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you blow an engine and contaminate the existing cooler, you can't use it again. Other than that, there really is no downside.

The cooler if it's in the radiator actually acts as a heater to get the oil up to temp faster. Once the oil gets up to coolant temp, it acts as a cooler. (same with the tranny cooler)

It also allows the option to run thinner oils to free up some power and gas mileage.

The way I see it is if the GM engineers did not think it was needed it would not be there. I'm running an external with a fan on my car.

The GM engineers also thought we should run 12.5#'s of boost, inject oil film into the turbo bell, have skinny rear tires, and a cassette deck.....

That being said, I like the oil hitting the bottom of my piston not to be thinned out and overheated.

The GM engineers also thought we should run 12.5#'s of boost, inject oil film into the turbo bell, have skinny rear tires, and a cassette deck.....

That being said, I like the oil hitting the bottom of my piston not to be thinned out and overheated.

Lol. Good point Earl. I had my oil cooler removed when the timing chain got done. No issues thus far as previously mentioned by others.