Direct Port NX kit?

I use a laboratory quality, micro pressure switch to turn off the nitrous system at 16 psi. I have a ton of extra switches if anyone is interested. Not that expensive too.

Why not use the AUX output on your FAST XFi to trigger the relay. Setup your KPA and TPS.. it does it off your 3 bar MAP. And you can make changes to deactivation on the fly pretty quick on the laptop.

HTH

Don............. i gotta say i love your car .....it reminds me of an Airplane the engine compartment , now secondly i was thinking about just using it ( Nitrous) for spool up and was thinking of how to shut it off , how did you set that up ? I was thinking of something with the shifter to shut it after first but i havent really gotten down to planning and executing I guess i could get a switch that shuts off at a preset boost level , its just a matter of looking , i have had one at one point that came on at a certain boost level and hey Razor get this it was on a homemade Allky setup that worked pretty good for a while until the pump i was using froze up .

Why not use the AUX output on your FAST XFi to trigger the relay. Setup your KPA and TPS.. it does it off your 3 bar MAP. And you can make changes to deactivation on the fly pretty quick on the laptop.

HTH
I'll try to answer galoush's question at the same time here. When you're using a system with only one auxiliary output (you might want to save your one aux for some other function) or a system that has no aux output, as in a stock ECM application, the best way I have found to turn off the nitrous solenoid is with a pressure switch wired into the ground side of the solenoid circuit. If you choose to use the power side to control shut down of the solenoid (using an aux output to control on/off of a relay), the pressure switch is an excellent backup in case of a sticking relay or any other unforeseen electrical problem.

I used to run a TECII system that had only one aux. I did use that one aux to energize a relay that provided voltage to both the nitrous and the fuel solenoids. I now run a TECIIIr ECM that has many more outputs, but I still run the nitrous control the same. For now anyway.

I need to explain how my fueling is done for you to understand why I control my nitrous the way I do.

I run alcohol as my main fuel, as many of you already know. There is one 160 lbs/hr electronic injector per runner. My combination requires about 240 lbs/hr per cylinder. The extra fuel that the engine needs is fed through the fuel side of the nitrous system. That means that the fuel jets in the nitrous nozzles need to be big enough to support a 200 shot of nitrous PLUS the extra 80 or so lbs/hr fuel that the engine requires at high load while off the nitrous. You can see the dilemma if I were to cut off the power side to the relay. The nitrous solenoid would shut down, and also my extra fuel would shut down. Not a good thing. That is why I have the pressure cut off switch wired into the ground side of the nitrous solenoid ONLY. The fuel solenoid remains on and the fuel VE table is throttled back at the map point when the nitrous is shut down. It's a pretty tight timing act, but it can be done rather easily. The timing of the nitrous solenoid turning off and the fuel map dropping back fuel needs to be repeatable. That is why I use a laboratory quality pressure switch. I also have a WOT switch wired into the nitrous wiring for safety reasons.

Spy shots of someone's car *cough* Daniel Jost *cough*... :cool:

Looks good Dan...The bastard GN is starting to come together :D

The last one is of the young'n himself.

Attachments

• 1222062137.jpg
    1222062137.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 1222062152.jpg
    1222062152.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 1222062155.jpg
    1222062155.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 169
Another succumbs to the temptation. :eek: I do surely hope this doesn't turn into some kind of trend or something. Egads. What will we do! What will we do! Quickly! Lock your doors and windows!

You're going to love it!!!

Hey, thats me! Where did you get those:rolleyes: . Well there it is, going in the mockup process, need to finish the solenoid mounting brackets, modify the acc. bracket to clear intercooler piping, lathe a upper rad. hose to intake coupler, and wiring, and some other small stuff along with bending some new piping for the intercooler.

,Dan

OK! Now this is just getting carried away here. This has got to stop! Do you hear me?! Stop! Stop!

Thank you come again.

Go man go! All fingers are crossed, luck has been wished and prayers made. Ready for takeoff.

me and a couple of my buddies have used the zex wet kit on ours with the 100 shot.zex kit is very easy to install and foolproof.

Dan ................Nothing is fool proof ..................... ,if your not a fool (Fool proofing doesnt work ) youd prob. outsmart yourself into doing something foolish :D

Yeah, i understand that, i'm going to start out small and make sure everything is good to go, and based on how the performance is, and how big my jollies are i might work my way up to 100, i will probably stop at say 50-75 though.

,Dan

I was just screwwing around with some wordplay , the 50 jets are going to get boring inlike a few seconds the 75s you may like for a few minutes 100 is where your sorta feeling something :)

For the NX what jets and nozzle would you recommend for these motors for, 50,75, and 100HP?

Thanks,Dan

Dan for my NX EFI setup with one single nozzle in the up pipe here are the jet sizes 35HP = 31 Nitrous / 18 fuel . 50 HP = 35 N / 20 F . 75 HP= 41N / 24F . 100 HP = 52 N / 33 F . 150 HP = 62 N /35 F . When i ran the 100 shot i found that 52 Nitrous and 31 Fuel worked better , leaner but your tunning will have to dictate what you run . I tought you were running a direct port system , on nozzel for each runner ? if so i think the jets would be different i dont know for sure .

I'm going to be using a single nozzle system, i have all the stuff for direct port, came with the kit, but I'm going to use the single nozzle instead, is that a shark nozzle?

,Dan