Direct Port NX kit?

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
I just got a brand new complete Direct Port NX wet kit that is 150-375 HP with paranah nozzles and the Iceman PureFlo N2O solenoid from one of my friends for $200 which was dirt cheap, so i had to pick it up. Now what im wondering is has anyone tried this before, any success? I already got the nozzles installed in a hybred intake im working on and i was wondering how safe say 150 shot of wet is to experiment with, and if it isnt safe, i guess i have a reason to get new internals then after they melt. Im also running pure meth injection so i dont have to worry about freezing the water with N2O.

Any feedback is appreciated, Dan

Have you ever tried a 35 shot? Or 50 yet on a Buick?

150 shot on stock computer.. buwahaha.. please take video :)

Safe.. nitrous.. ohh yeah.. no problems :rolleyes:

hmmmmm I ran a "six pack" NOS system back in 87 ... Didn't work as good as the one nozzle in the plenum tube .. :eek:

Ill get pics as soon as i get my whole setup back together again, its all scattered around the shop!

Razor what do you mean on a stock computer? i will be injecting a wet shot, and will not have an extreme timing amount is there something im missing here other than the usual risks of using nitrous, a guy at the track has been running 100 wet on his car for quite some time and hasnt had a problem yet.

,Dan

Ill get pics as soon as i get my whole setup back together again, its all scattered around the shop!

Razor what do you mean on a stock computer? i will be injecting a wet shot, and will not have an extreme timing amount is there something im missing here other than the usual risks of using nitrous, a guy at the track has been running 100 wet on his car for quite some time and hasnt had a problem yet.

,Dan

I didnt see in your sig a FAST, Accel GEN7, BS3, AEM, etc which are all aftermarket computers. So timing retards, fuel enrichments, etc can be done "automatically"

Go ahead and try it.. you seem inclined to doing so and feel confident in how you can tune the car. So what can I say.

Where's this gonna take place?? Should I bring a helmet and safety goggles to watch or are they furnished? The KR ramps extremely quick and violently when things go wrong. Better listen to Grump and Razor....there's a lot of to be learned from them. :cool:

Where's this gonna take place?? Should I bring a helmet and safety goggles to watch or are they furnished? The KR ramps extremely quick and violently when things go wrong. Better listen to Grump and Razor....there's a lot of to be learned from them. :cool:

Bring a video camera and shovel.. and try the new engine diaper it works great at collecting all the non-rebuildable parts.

I cannot stop anyone who wants to do what they want to do.

Its like the Missouri plate.. "Show Me" :D

Other than the fun made towards me, i havent found anything of what i wanted yet, which one does fuel enrichment automatically? This kit isnt installed yet, and will be sold for a large profit, if i have good reasons to not use it other than jokes made about it! Has anyone acually done it that has experience other than good theory?

,Dan

Not making fun...maybe having a little fun with it. No harm intended at all. I actually have not done nitrous...I can't afford motors that easily. Nitrous just isn't practical on these motors. Not to say there aren't people who haven't done it. The results of NO2 on cast cranks, rod's and blocks that are not the strongest to start with make one helluva mess. On the other board check with a guy called Yullose...he has and I guess still uses. Good luck and have fun! :biggrin:

Maybe its like this, you put a post of using a lot of nitrous is like me putting a post I want to drive a top fuel car. You work your way up tuning power adders.. start at a 35 shot and work your way up. Not start at 150+ without ever trying anything smaller. If you car can handle a 35, 50, 75..then 100.. and you still want more.. go ahead and step it up. Like never having ever riden a bike and telling me to put you on a 10 speed going downhill.

Hell I run nitrous.. but would I consider a direct port kit on a stock ecm.. no way.

Yullose is running a single nozzle wet system.

Don Wang is the only guy I have ever seen do this much nitrous on a Buick.. And no it wasnt on a stock computer.

There are many things I havent tried, and wont do so out of common sense :redface: Just like reving engine to 6000 and slamming the gear shifter into drive. There are much easier ways to blow an engine up.. ;)

I ran an NX 75 wet shot a couple years ago with stock motor and computer. knocked off .5 and picked up 5 mph on the first pass. Please take our advice and start small man. A 50-75 shot will kick you in the pants! It will suprise you to say the least. I love the idea of direct port on these cars, but i would let someone else try it first. I dont think i would ever go more than 100-125 shot and that would be really pushin it. I hope you try it....and it works for you. But start with a 50 shot, back the timing off accordingly, run good gas, and really tune the car in good. Good luck.

<< I hope you try it....and it works for you. But start with a 50 shot, back the timing off accordingly, run good gas, and really tune the car in good. Good luck>>

Ditto....that is the key to start small and tune your way to a larger shot. While I am not running a direct port, I am in the test stage of a 50 shot 'nozzle'. I will also dial back the boost 5psi on the first run. Should have some results this weekend.

I will be buying a single shark nozzle and will sell my direct port components, including all nozzles and distribution blocks, and piping. There are no nozzles available for a small 50 shot, I found exactly what i was looking for now, what has been proven to work for people, i wasnt for sure running the DP setup, just it all came with it for a hell of a deal, i will still be using spray but in a small amount like 50 and staying at it or maybe increasing when i get situated.

Thanks,Dan

Daniel,

Be a leader....not a follower. Apply your knowledge, design your system and make it work! That's what I done. ;) Then, you'll be rewarded when you can tell everyone that it works! :cool:

Have you ever tried a 35 shot? Or 50 yet on a Buick?

150 shot on stock computer.. buwahaha.. please take video :)

Safe.. nitrous.. ohh yeah.. no problems :rolleyes:

If his post was "I'm already at 100 shot and thinking direct port" Then I would say.. cool.. sounds like a plan.

Cohercing someone to do something without experience stated is seeking them an issue.

I cant be participant to that. I think its great he wants to try a single shark nozzle.. and learn from there. The knowledge gained will help establish his desires to try further.

Last one.. put race fuel in the tank until your comfortable with the tune-up.

Razor,

Look what you've done with your alky kit! It's awesome. If someone would've come on the board in the mid to late 90's and told everyone they ran 28+psi of boost on alky with no knock everyone would have said the same thing as people are telling this guy right now. These people are the one's that are testing new ideas. I say go for it!

I can think of several things that was once "voodoo" to talk about years ago, now people are doing it. To name a few...

10's on an unopened long block
9's with a stock bottom end
28psi on 93 without knock with alky

I'm sure others can chime in to make the list longer.