Using alky kit to spray E85

ITSNOTAGN

Shadow Master
I am working on a new project for fun, its a 82 RX7 with a nissan VG30et 3.0L v6 turbo. I have a TE54 turbo for it, and am going to experiment with this idea.
I want to use the stock ECM and tune, and stock injectors. These are 260cc units and are out of flow around 240whp. I ran Julios kit on my GN for years and still have it, so it will go on this car. On the GN i was running bluetops with a TE44 at 32psi, stock motor, no intercooler. This was 425whp/540wtq, so i know it can be done effectively. The VG30 comes non intercooled and i am going to keep it this way for weight and simplicity. Ultimate power goals are around 300-320whp before i step up injectors to 750s and use E85 exclusively.

So, now for the questions. I will be running the alky kit in a direct port arrangement. I made a billet distribution block that is a 1/2" feed using teflon line, and 6, 1/8" teflon lines. I am wondering what nozzle size would be a good starting point on this, I am thinking a M2 would be adequate at the moment as that would give me a little more than a single M10. I would also buy a set of M3's incase they are needed

pump wont work to long with e85 , the 15% fuel will destroy the santoprene pump material and ruin it

just run 100% methanol , meth is a fuel

i beleive i have replaced the diaphragm with a viton piece that would be compatible with fuel. Otherwise i have drums of E98 availible for less than half the price of meth. Convienience of E85 at the pump is the main reason for this excercise

The diaphram is santoprene. The valve you know have is Viton.

If the savings are such and the pump ****s the bed.. you can then buy new pumps more often. Sounds like you'll either be buying methanol or buying new pumps.

Santoprene and any fuel is a 3-4 week recipe for pump failure. So far it has been. I dont have access to E98 so dont know. Wonder if you could separate the 2% fuel from the meth.. but this is beyond me. And I understand the cost of the fluid, just the cost of the pump in my opinion outweighs any savings.

Lastly, the viton valve will swell up with methanol.

well thank you, that really clears that up for me. I had been using VP m1 fuel and have about 10 gal left over, but that is kinda expensive when you are using 2-4 gal every time you take the car out for the night. The E98 i get is from VP as well, and i dont think they even use fuel for the 2%, it is another chemical just to make it not drinkable, will have to look into that further.

2-4 gallons a night.

You are using this as supplemental correct to suppress knock? I mean a 600 HP motor on 93 only uses 1.5 ounces per second at WOT

So to support 2-4 gallons you must be terrorizing the streets.. surprissed you still have your license :D

Be cheaper to build a stronger/larger engine that doesnt need that much meth to accomplish the same result. Or your setup is just flooding the engine.

Somethings up and doesnt make sense.

I have used it as supplemental, period. If i go out to the track and screw around before and after i will normally fill the tank 4 times at least, I used to fill a 6 gal can every friday when i was down in TX and would even run out if there was a busy week. Im not a fan of intercoolers and the methanol works so good as just a straight fuel its rediculous. On my buick i was running 2 M10s and a M5 pre-turbo and was running 32psi on a TE44 with 36# injectors, so i was adding about 30-35% to my fueling.

The reason i would like to try this as direct port is easy, i didnt have any distribution problems on the buick but the nissan intake would not work well. And I will be going to a full standalone and big injectors later for E85, and would rather not spend the $500 for tuning software and another set of injectors for the stock setup. BTW 1.5oz/sec is only 30 11sec 1/4 mile passes. In a weekend if it go to the track, thats 5-6 minimum, and theres 7 stop signs on the way there and back, so thats about 20, friends around town, not hard to make 30 1/4 mile pulls in a day when its nice out!

I think I'm missing something here...is he spraying E-85...or using alky on top of E-85 :confused: