Difference of living in the south vs north

The North: We're taxed to death and still can't get rid of the idiots trying to take more from us. Not to mention that we're the home obombout and billery.:eek::tongue:

The South: We can legally own firearms without registation or restriction as well as drive a car that is more than 20 years old and get an insurance break. And we still don't believe that she spit. LOL Maybe he missed since he was blond?:confused::biggrin:

I think that is probably if you live in the city limits or in a any big town....whether it be north or south. we moved to a small little town outside of a big city and do not have any crime, have nice roads, not much tax, no gangs, 1 week of actual snow around here (I heard you are pretty much screwed when it snows when you live in the mountains lol), never seen a toll road in my life, etc.... Heck, where I live people leave their cars running when they go into the store and never lock their home doors. Part of my job is installing security systems. I'd go broke where I live....thank god Cincinnati is 40 minutes away:) I have 3 drag strips close to home (15 minutes and 30 minutes and another 45 minutes.)

Plus being a Buick guy, up here we have (all within 4 hours drive time) BG, Norwalk, BPG, and Osceola.
Settle down Kevin You must think this was a singled out attack on your state of Ohio only? NO simply speaking of "The north" in general, Maybe those words "The North" got you all sparked up again?..:rolleyes:
You make it sound like living in Ohio is like heaven! Ha, Ha, Ha, Well to correct you on a few things that I definitely know better on.. SO your saying that living in Ohio you only get one week of snow? BULL SH*T!!! and MOST of the roads DO SUCK because of all the Salt and freezing / thawing..

And your little town outside cinci may be fine now but just wait, the dirt-bag crud moves in slowly.. They bus them into the nice school systems, then they move there, Then the crime starts, then it sucks there too..

Never seen a toll road in your life?? Travel just a few more miles north to the Indiana tolls!! you don't get out much do ya? :D

Screwed here in the mountains when it snows? NO because it melts the next day!! ;) plus I don't live in the mountains I just look at them from my front porch!! :biggrin:

And We leave keys in our cars all the time (unlocked), leave them running, leave our house unlocked (Brazilian Mastiff) watches the house along with armed neighbors with carry permits! :)

I heard Oceola's track SUCKS! that is why the attendance continues to drop year after year..

Here are the tracks near me: :biggrin:

411 drag-way = 2 blocks away (can hear them race from the house)!
Knoxville drag-way = 30 min away
Crossville dragway = 40 min away
English mountain = 40 min away
Rodgersville dragway= 45 min away
Bristol = 1 hour away
Bowling green = 3hrs away
Reynolds = 5hrs away

living here in TN we are nice and centrally located ...

I'm a transplant, I've got two 1/4 mile tracks within 45 minutes driving of my house. I like my neighbors, like the affordable cost of living(taxes, insurance, housing), like NC BBQ... even like the other transplants (Dailey Drifter waz up?)... Don't like the fried food, and cannot stand the fact that there is no hunting on Sunday... WTF??? I guess the intoxicated shooting guns by 30% of the populas at midnight on Dec 31st and on the 4th of July is ok. But not on Sunday during Church hours :confused:

North = cool turbo weather year round :biggrin:
South = Heat & Big bugs

North = Skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, driving skills on ice :wink:
South = You need skills a turning on the AC, Boating, whatever else you people do? :rolleyes:

North = Rude & crude (tell it like it is) :eek:
South = Slow & Sugar coating (like the time I went to Myrtle beach & when I got there the place had no pool. I pulled out the brochure & it said pool & showed a photo of one!! (they omitted he fact to be built when they get around to it) way to pizz someone off who comes down for vacation. :confused:

North = good food :cool:
South = SO SO.... WTF are hush puppies?:eek: :eek:

North = Expensive to live & too many Liberals :mad:
South = I would not know

Hush puppies are just a bread batter mix that is fried... Must have with seafood around here...

If you went to Myrtle Beach and got a place with no pool you got f'd... There are THOUSANDS of nice places down there that are reasonable priced... Put the brochures down and check the net:biggrin:

I will correct your list for you since you never lived down south but only visited myrtle beach! :rolleyes:

North = cool turbo weather (In SUMMER ONLY) Can't drive car at all in winter VERY SALTY!!! LOL Ha, Ha,
South = Heat, COOL nights, 9 HUGE car events to attend every year, NO SALT!!, No real winter and can drive our cars year round!! Great turbo weather here Year Round :biggrin:

North = Skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, driving skills on ice ( BEN THERE DONE THAT!! I was Born and raised in Wisconsin YUK, KEEP IT!! )
South = Skiing in Gatlinburg in T-shirts, driving our cars to car events while your sledding, snowmobiling... ;)

North = Rude & crude, Hurry to get No Where!! (tell it like it is, But COMPLETE A*S HOLES!!) :eek:
South = Slower pace, not in a hurry to get any where, Great weather, Mountain views, Cops wave, people are nice EVERYWHERE you go.

North = good food
South = Good country home cooking food, New York style pizza, Great Mexican food, You know, there are A LOT more people moving here and opening up restaurants with a lot of the food from all over the place!!! So food here is great too!!! ;)

North = Expensive to live, HIGH TAXES, CRIME RATE, GANGS, SH*TTY ROADS, & too many Liberals :mad:
South = I would not know (Let me tell you then!) - Cheap to live, Cheap taxes ($500 a yr on my 150,000 home with 1 acre :biggrin:) Crime rate 50% less, NO GANGS, AWESOME ROADS! and NOT many liberals... :)

SO, To sum this up... MUCH NICER LIVING HERE IN TN!! :biggrin: You can keep the horrible surroundings of downtown life, Grey gloomy weather, Sh*tty roads, Sh*tty air quality, High Taxes, High Crime, Gangs, Fridged Temps of winter, Several feet of snow, Shoveling snow, High insurance costs, High plate renewals, Toll ways, and all your liberals up north... :)

SW.

Big difference from city to rural north.. As for the whole country there is NO PERFECT PLACE. But Tennesse does sound nice. that is where I plan on try our next family vacation. Can we stay at your house?

Oh as for the salt on roads, that gives us DOWN time to save money to spend on our cars.

I"ve thought about moving further south, maybe Kentucky. I love the area, people are sure friendly. I luckely live in the country up here, surrounded by corn and beans. No gang activitey to worry about, but the wind blows alot and the snow drifts pretty high. Maybe someday, maybe never. I know there is no perfect place, all in what your used to I guess. Oh, and just for the record, it's 4 degrees as I'm typing this, you dont even want know what the wind chill is!!!!!

Scot, I do not live in ohio:)

Show Eric where those tracks are. He said there were no 1/4 mile tracks around in the original post.

I'm going to the track this Friday and riding my jet ski Sunday. Any of you northerners are welcome to join me. I have a spare turbocharged ski sitting on the trailer :tongue: I know Scott Claridge will be here next week and Scott Bolek the following week :biggrin:

Scot, I do not live in ohio:)

Show Eric where those tracks are. He said there were no 1/4 mile tracks around in the original post.
Okay Kevin I know how you guy's like people to be EXACT so Let me correct myself as I should have posted EXACTLY where you live which is 3 miles west of the Ohio border in Indiana.
That is close enough to Ohio..

Eric knows where the last three are already and they are all 1/4 mile tracks! But he has only been here 3 weeks so far so he will soon get to see the others when spring rolls around in febuary..

See ya,

Scot.

Settle down Kevin You must think this was a singled out attack on your state of Ohio only? NO simply speaking of "The north" in general, Maybe those words "The North" got you all sparked up again?..:rolleyes:
You make it sound like living in Ohio is like heaven! Ha, Ha, Ha, Well to correct you on a few things that I definitely know better on.. SO your saying that living in Ohio you only get one week of snow? BULL SH*T!!! and MOST of the roads DO SUCK because of all the Salt and freezing / thawing..
I live in Indiana Scot. Where I live snow is on the ground on average of one week maybe two. No snow yet an its December:) The roads here are just fine:)

And your little town outside cinci may be fine now but just wait, the dirt-bag crud moves in slowly.. They bus them into the nice school systems, then they move there, Then the crime starts, then it sucks there too..

"They" do not bus in over the state line...I'm safe.

Never seen a toll road in your life?? Travel just a few more miles north to the Indiana tolls!! you don't get out much do ya? :D
Never seen a toll road before...an I get out...a lot. Oh wait...I have seen a toll road, it was when I was in California a few years ago.

Screwed here in the mountains when it snows? NO because it melts the next day!! ;) plus I don't live in the mountains I just look at them from my front porch!! :biggrin:

Just going by what I heard.

And We leave keys in our cars all the time (unlocked), leave them running, leave our house unlocked (Brazilian Mastiff) watches the house along with armed neighbors with carry permits! :)

Cool, but we don't need a big dog. You can get carry permits up here too.

I heard Oceola's track SUCKS! that is why the attendance continues to drop year after year..

Where did you get these facts from? There were the same number there that were there last year. It's a fun race....but you will not know bc you've never gone.

Here are the tracks near me: :biggrin:

411 drag-way = 2 blocks away (can hear them race from the house)!
Knoxville drag-way = 30 min away
Crossville dragway = 40 min away
English mountain = 40 min away
Rodgersville dragway= 45 min away
Bristol = 1 hour away
Bowling green = 3hrs away
Reynolds = 5hrs away

living here in TN we are nice and centrally located ...

Again, better tell Eric where those tracks are....
....I do know why there are no 1/4 tracks here....

I live in Indiana Scot. Where I live snow is on the ground on average of one week maybe two. No snow yet an its December:) The roads here are just fine:)

"They" do not bus in over the state line...I'm safe.

Never seen a toll road before...an I get out...a lot.

Just going by what I heard.

Cool, but we don't need a big dog. You can get carry permits up here too.

Where did you get these facts from? There were the same number there that were there last year. It's a fun race....but you will not know bc you've never gone. (SCOT- JUST GOING BY WHAT I HEARD!!! :) )

Again, better tell Eric where those tracks are....
Whatever kevin :rolleyes: I will end your little pissing contest now because it's looking like you like to follow me around here and turn posts into this "My dad can beat up your dad" BS! So I will let Eric have his thread back..

Enjoy Indiana and that snow shelter that MUST be over your house LOL

See ya,

Scot ..

Kevin wait till they put section 8 housing in Harrision like they did in west Chester and watch the crime go thru the roof, As for snow once a year, sometimes but it stays around for a month, the south is alot like living out in the country up North its just everywere down here.:biggrin::biggrin:

I hear ya... 3 years ago (wow already 3 years) I moved from Brooklyn NY to Clayton NC which is right outside Raleigh NC. There is a huuuge difference it is not even funny...

Good: People are nice, no real traffic, weather is great etc..

Bad: Lack of diversity, lack of food, no real city life at all...

Would I go back? I have thought about it but overall it is a better quality of life down here... I visit often so when I need my fix I drive up... I just laugh at the differences now... people complaining about a little bit of traffic or that they had it hard. Um... you had a backyard, took the bus to school and if it snowed everything was shut down... That is not hard... what I had was hard..

Ah well... it is funny... as a united Country we sure are different... Gotta love it.

Kevin since I don't do much drag racing anymore and like the curvres it nice having the tail of the dragon in the backyard 318 curves in 11 miles, and you have to see some of the shows in Pigion Forge to believe it, I do miss Cincinnati Chili, but I can buy Skyline at Krogers down here and Montgomery in Barbq sauce.:biggrin::D

xcessiv, scot, You guys both home today? I might run over just to say hi!

I was just thinking of this, as I futily attempted, to clear the ice from my windshield washer nozzle, as my hands were going numb, in the 16 degree air.... with my pistol in my jacket because I don't trust anyone around here.
I thought to myself "this **** in sucks dick... I wish I could just get in my GN and drive..." but I can't.. cuz it's frozen solid here...
MAN I need to move somewhere warm. I can BARELY stand this weather any longer.

I'm from PA, joined the Air Force and ended up in the south.

I don't miss the snow, but i like the north much better overall.

Personally, i've been around some of the rudest people ever in SC :rolleyes:

Whatever kevin :rolleyes: I will end your little pissing contest now because it's looking like you like to follow me around here and turn posts into this "My dad can beat up your dad" BS! So I will let Eric have his thread back..

Enjoy Indiana and that snow shelter that MUST be over your house LOL

See ya,

Scot ..

Follow you around? LOL that's funny. I think I posted in this thread first anyhow. I was informing you on how you were wring and you get all fired up.

Follow you around? LOL that's funny. I think I posted in this thread first anyhow. I was informing you on how you were wring and you get all fired up.
It's not about if you or who posted first, It's because all you seem to do is quote me all the time where ever I seem to post Thats the funny part!! And if you mean "All fired up" as having tears in my eye's from laughing to death then yeah, I'm all fired up.. LOL Ha, Ha, Ha.

You crack me up man!

Scot W.

Well good I thought you lost your sense of humor or had some sand in your vag.