Difference of living in the south vs north

Maybe its because they have nicer weather so people are happier!

And they get to track their cars almost all year!

I'm jealous!

Here have some SALT

Anyone need a salt bath? :eek:

Attachments

• salty.jpg
    salty.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 183
I would have to say I love the North. I've been south quite a few times and like the fact that it's warm but when the first snow comes down, it's time to get a nice hot cup of Apple Cider and watch a movie. It's nice to have some downtime. I just hate when the downtime last from October to April! The winter starts off great on the first snowfall but I get ansy once Feb. gets here.

The Fall is really why I love the Midwest. It's absolutely beautiful when the colors start to change and the humidity goes down.

Tonight, I had to turn on the heater in the garage for a while before I could work out there. I believe it's -5 with the wind chill!:eek:

I would have to say I love the North. I've been south quite a few times and like the fact that it's warm but when the first snow comes down, it's time to get a nice hot cup of Apple Cider and watch a movie. It's nice to have some downtime. I just hate when the downtime last from October to April! The winter starts off great on the first snowfall but I get ansy once Feb. gets here.

The Fall is really why I love the Midwest. It's absolutely beautiful when the colors start to change and the humidity goes down.

Tonight, I had to turn on the heater in the garage for a while before I could work out there. I believe it's -5 with the wind chill!:eek:
Down here in TN is was working out in the yard today in a T-shirt!! lol

Spring here is in Feb. :)

Have fun fellas,
SW.

If you guy's keep talking about how nice it is down there, all us "yankee's" might end up moving down there! ;) There goes the neighboorhood! :eek:

If you guy's keep talking about how nice it is down there, all us "yankee's" might end up moving down there! ;) There goes the neighboorhood! :eek:
Come on down! I'm a yankee myself. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, WI and lived there for 30 years before moving down here. Had 5 snowmobiles and a cottage up in Shawno,WI right on the main trail, did the bar hopping, Ice raced sleds for years..

Used to go back for X-Mass but the weather got real old real quick and now we enjoy our holidays here looking at the snowcaped mountians and much better weather.

Just wanted to clarify that I have "Been there Done that" for 30 years in "The North" and have'nt shoveled snow ever since the day we arrived here in TN.. LOVE IT!!!

SW

Come on down! I'm a yankee myself. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, WI and lived there for 30 years before moving down here. Had 5 snowmobiles and a cottage up in Shawno,WI right on the main trail, did the bar hopping, Ice raced sleds for years..

Used to go back for X-Mass but the weather got real old real quick and now we enjoy our holidays here looking at the snowcaped mountians and much better weather.

Just wanted to clarify that I have "Been there Done that" for 30 years in "The North" and have'nt shoveled snow ever since the day we arrived here in TN.. LOVE IT!!!

SW

Come on Scott! You know miss that first snowfall and the sight out your front door during the winter a little bit?!!!!;)

Being in the middle of the Continental 48 states we get to enjoy all the seasons and go to bed with the doors unlocked;)

Hell when somebody borrows beer or tools out of the gargae they leave a note saying so:biggrin:

ill be moving to northeast GEORGIA when i retire in 2012, very friendly people & nice new homes really impressed me.

Scott W, You make it sound like you have Miami weather down there lol. I have been there a 100 times year round and your weather is only on average about 10 degrees warmer than Indiana. Your forecast for tommorrow high of 39 with a chance of Snow.
I have alot of pics of gatlinburg with snow on the ground and have froze my azz off many times down there.
I think your high today is 40 not tshirt weather.

Like Scot, my wife and I were also born and raised in WI (farmers). We left right after high school when I joined the Navy, and started our own little adventure in life.
I've lived in virtually every corner and part of this great land. Places such as FL, SC, VA, MA, CA, HI, RI, MI, with short stints in TX and OK, etc. etc. Quite a few years were spent in Virginia Beach, and a good number in San Diego.

Without a doubt the BEST weather experience was in San Diego, with Pearl Harbor a close second. But the cost of living and self centered personalities defiinately killed the experiences there.

After retiring from the Navy and spending 12 years in San Diego, layoffs forced us to look elsewhere, and since the grass is always greener on the other side we decided to give our old home a try and moved back to our home town in WI.
WHAT A HUGE MISTAGE THAT WAS!!!! We had obviously forgotten how miserable the winters can be, and got taxed nearly into the poor house!

We then started our search for something better.
Long story short, after a few trips to FL and TX, we ended up here in East TN and have never regretted even a second of it.

Sure we have definite four seasons which is great, but for the most part our winters are a lot like today. Cold by some standards with our high today heading into the mid 40's. Average highs being low 50's, Average lows in the 30's. But seldom see snow, and the winter storm the previous poster mentioned coming tomorrow is quite a bit out of the ordinary, and we may get a couple inches of the white stuff, but like any of our winter snows, it'll be gone in 24-48 hours. NC is getting the worst of this one coming.
I consider our winters to be very mild. Our summers are not as bad as most other places I've lived. I don't think we had more than 10 days this last summer with temps hitting low 90's.
Heck, even our weather here is VERY VERY different (milder winters and milder summers) than even West TN!! Must be our proximity to the mountains.

And add to that the low cost of living, low realstate taxes, non existent state income tax, layed back life style, etc.
If I need the hubub and great restaurants, I just run 12 miles up the road into Konxville.

Geeezzzz, can't believe I rambled on so long. Sunny nice day today, think I'll take my GN out on our nice clean roads, and go harass Scot today.

Our morning news just showed the weekly 5 day forecast and starts out with a hi today of 48* and a low of 37* ALL WEEK! ;)

Come on Scott! You know miss that first snowfall and the sight out your front door during the winter a little bit?!!!!;)
YEP I do, and the only thing I miss is our cottage and the snowmobiling. NOTHING else I miss. The Plowed in driveways, plowed in cars on the streets, scraping cars, shoveling walkways, SALT, then the drain of the melting snow for weeks or even months, the gray crummy snow on the sides of the roads, Vehicals completely covered in salt all season, salt marks in your interior Again here are added things to the NOT MISSED list..

But yes, Snow is beautifull so when we want to see it we drive up into the mountians and make small snowmen and put them on our truck (by the wipers) and drive back down the mountian. By the time we get home it's melted.. And like Dave mentioned when we get a snowfall, we enjoy it and then in 24-48 hours it's all gone and no salt to deal with..

Scot W.

Sounds like you got a nice tropic paradise down there. Sitting here in my tahoe eating my lunch, its a frigid 41 degrees according to my mirror. Its sunny as hell though.

Our morning news just showed the weekly 5 day forecast and starts out with a hi today of 48* and a low of 37* ALL WEEK! ;)

Brrrrrrrr!!!! Sorry to hear that, Scott ;) I was born and raised in Michigan. The only time I miss the cold is Christmas day. Did I mention I'm going jet skiing this weekend? :tongue:

Cheap taxes ($500 a yr on my 150,000 home with 1 acre :biggrin:).

a year?!??!?!?!? :eek::eek:

i pay very close to twice that, per MONTH,
the taxes are out of control up here. :mad:

**grumpy because he had to pay the tax bill this week**
carry on

It amazing that all anybody took from my orginal thread is the weather, I grew up in Cincinnati, fifth generation to be exact, went to college their and it was known as the most conservite city in Ohio even has one of the biggest radio stations 700WLW in the country, but times have changed were all the liberals have taken over the local goverments and the crime rate has gone thru the roof. The major companies don't want to say Christmas sales because it might affend people.
Its seem the difference here is God and Jesus is not a bad word. I am not a very religious person but at least in this area its nice to see people fighting to keep their guns and right to share their christian values are still legal. I'm not saying it isn't like that in rural parts of USA, but it nice to see the media hasn't made it CNN style. Just sharing some obsevations I have made.