Difference of living in the south vs north

xcessiv6

Boom Tube
Recently moved to Knoxville Tennesse from Cincinnati Ohio, what a difference in people. Everbody is nice and says hello and not in a rush or rude. The biggest difference around Christmas time here is all the stuff mentioning Jesus and God, not like Ohio were its Holliday Trees and don't say Chritmas in a ad. I do know why there are no 1/4 tracks here its allfull hard to find a flat piece of land that big, also the roads are curvy as hell. The weather is awsome too. Met alot of nice people already and started new job.:biggrin:

I moved from PA to NC, lets just say its alot different. Some good and some bad, the people are nicer and most would do favors for beer :biggrin:, but other times its like I slipped back in time.

Recently moved to Knoxville Tennesse from Cincinnati Ohio, what a difference in people. Everbody is nice and says hello and not in a rush or rude. The biggest difference around Christmas time here is all the stuff mentioning Jesus and God, not like Ohio were its Holliday Trees and don't say Chritmas in a ad. I do know why there are no 1/4 tracks here its allfull hard to find a flat piece of land that big, also the roads are curvy as hell. The weather is awsome too. Met alot of nice people already and started new job.:biggrin:

You're still north!

The biggest difference between the north and the south... I'm going to the track for test and tune on sunday. It will be in the mid 70's low 80's and sunny.
whats it like in new england?? any tracks running? Just busting your chops. Have a merry Christmas everybody ! Steve

I agree, Knoxville isn't south by any means. Come on down to Southern Louisiana, that's the south.

Gatlinburg is absolutely awesome. I love it up there!

First any thing south of the Ohio river is south to me, I started at the largest car dealer down here they are at least 10-15 years behind the last place I was at.

You lived too close to West chester and Mason. They are all pretty much azzholes around there lol.

I kinda like Indy. Born and raised in Nashville, TN. The older I get, the less I like people nosing into my daily business. Plenty of that in TN; no one around here cares to know my doings. Good stuff. Oh and up here no one wants to fight if you accidentally spill their girlfriend's dixie cup of beer in a crowded bar.

North = cool turbo weather year round :biggrin:
South = Heat & Big bugs :mad:

North = Sking, sledding, snowmobiling, driving skills on ice :wink:
South = You need skills a turning on the AC, Boating, whatever else you people do? :rolleyes:

North = Rude & crude (tell it like it is) :eek:
South = Slow & Sugar coating (like the time I went to Myrtle beach & when I got there the place had no pool. I pulled ou the brochure & it said pool & showed a photo of one!! (they omitted he fact to be built when they get around to it) way to pizz someone off who comes down for vacaton. :confused:

North = good food :cool:
Sounth = SO SO.... WTF are hush puppies?:eek: :eek:

North = Expensive to live & too many Liberals :mad:
South = I would not know

When I lived in Georgia, I must say, that the people were WAYYY nicer than in the north... but I can not, for the life of me, get over those rediculous accents lol. Can't do it.

People wave everywhere

Down south they use the complete hand, Up north they only use one finger.

Hyuk Hyuk!!!

As a young man with lots of family in the south, I like how laid back the south is man... I used to dream about sitting on a porch drinkin a 40 and playing the banjo with a piece of wheatgrass in my mouth:biggrin:, But I grew up in the city of Lakewood/Tacoma and its hard to leave my stomping grounds, thats where I grew up and yeah, people are in much more of a hurry and stuff is WAY overpriced. Houses in Monroe Louisiana were DIRT CHEAP, hell I may leave the city and be a country/city boy

Houston, Texas
Los Angeles..... (2 expensive, plus its the west coast but cool)
ATL Too far from home
Miami, Florida.... Hurricanes, hell no:mad:
Dallas FT area... maybe
Monroe Louisiana.... Oh Yeah:biggrin:

I lived in South Georgia for a couple of years and enjoyed it. Being from Cali it was refreshing to meet so many nice folks. I remember one time my car broke down on the side of the road. I had 3 people within 20 minutes asking me if I needed help...one of them was a local cop! Over here in SoCal if that happened to you people would be honking at you, like its your fault or something. Yet no one will come and help push your car out the way.:rolleyes:

I still have my house there in Georgia. Other than the humid summers, I'd move back...Low crime, cheap housing, friendly folks, sweet tea, and a world class dragstrip 20 minutes from the house...whats not to like?:D

you ate A HUSH puppy ? those were a way to shut dogs up while the real food was cooked. as in the name hush puppy

North?

North = cool turbo weather year round
South = Heat & Big bugs

North = Sking, sledding, snowmobiling, driving skills on ice
South = You need skills a turning on the AC, Boating, whatever else you people do?

North = Rude & crude (tell it like it is)
South = Slow & Sugar coating (like the time I went to Myrtle beach & when I got there the place had no pool. I pulled ou the brochure & it said pool & showed a photo of one!! (they omitted he fact to be built when they get around to it) way to pizz someone off who comes down for vacaton.

North = good food
Sounth = SO SO.... WTF are hush puppies?

North = Expensive to live & too many Liberals
South = I would not know
I will correct your list for you since you never lived down south but only visited myrtle beach! :rolleyes:

North = cool turbo weather (In SUMMER ONLY) Can't drive car at all in winter VERY SALTY!!! LOL Ha, Ha,
South = Heat, COOL nights, 9 HUGE car events to attend every year, NO SALT!!, No real winter and can drive our cars year round!! Great turbo weather here Year Round :biggrin:

North = Skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, driving skills on ice ( BEN THERE DONE THAT!! I was Born and raised in Wisconsin YUK, KEEP IT!! )
South = Skiing in Gatlinburg in T-shirts, driving our cars to car events while your sledding, snowmobiling... ;)

North = Rude & crude, Hurry to get No Where!! (tell it like it is, But COMPLETE A*S HOLES!!) :eek:
South = Slower pace, not in a hurry to get any where, Great weather, Mountain views, Cops wave, people are nice EVERYWHERE you go.

North = good food
South = Good country home cooking food, New York style pizza, Great Mexican food, You know, there are A LOT more people moving here and opening up restaurants with a lot of the food from all over the place!!! So food here is great too!!! ;)

North = Expensive to live, HIGH TAXES, CRIME RATE, GANGS, SH*TTY ROADS, & too many Liberals :mad:
South = I would not know (Let me tell you then!) - Cheap to live, Cheap taxes ($500 a yr on my 150,000 home with 1 acre :biggrin:) Crime rate 50% less, NO GANGS, AWESOME ROADS! and NOT many liberals... :)

SO, To sum this up... MUCH NICER LIVING HERE IN TN!! :biggrin: You can keep the horrible surroundings of downtown life, Grey gloomy weather, Sh*tty roads, Sh*tty air quality, High Taxes, High Crime, Gangs, Fridged Temps of winter, Several feet of snow, Shoveling snow, High insurance costs, High plate renewals, Toll ways, and all your liberals up north... :)

SW.

I've traveled a good bit but haven't spent enough time in any one place to get to see any real differences in the people. I do know I could not stand the cold. I don't even like when it gets close to freezing much less the single digits and negatives some places go through. The humidity doesn't really bother me. The bugs sure are annoying though.

I will correct your list for you since you never lived down south but only visited myrtle beach! :rolleyes:

North = cool turbo weather (In SUMMER ONLY) Can't drive car at all in winter VERY SALTY!!! LOL Ha, Ha,
South = Heat, COOL nights, 9 HUGE car events to attend every year, NO SALT!!, No real winter and can drive our cars year round!! Great turbo weather here Year Round :biggrin:

North = Skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, driving skills on ice ( BEN THERE DONE THAT!! I was Born and raised in Wisconsin YUK, KEEP IT!! )
South = Skiing in Gatlinburg in T-shirts, driving our cars to car events while your sledding, snowmobiling... ;)

North = Rude & crude, Hurry to get No Where!! (tell it like it is, But COMPLETE A*S HOLES!!)
South = Slower pace, not in a hurry to get any where, Great weather, Mountain views, Cops wave, people are nice EVERYWHERE you go.

North = good food
South = Good country home cooking food, New York style pizza, Great Mexican food, You know, there are A LOT more people moving here and opening up restaurants with a lot of the food from all over the place!!! So food here is great too!!! ;)

North = Expensive to live, HIGH TAXES, CRIME RATE, GANGS, SH*TTY ROADS, & too many Liberals :mad:
South = I would not know (Let me tell you then!) - Cheap to live, Cheap taxes ($500 a yr on my 150,000 home with 1 acre :biggrin:) Crime rate 50% less, NO GANGS, AWESOME ROADS! and NOT many liberals... :)

SO, To sum this up... MUCH NICER LIVING HERE IN TN!! :biggrin: You can keep the horrible surroundings of downtown life, Grey gloomy weather, Sh*tty roads, Sh*tty air quality, High Taxes, High Crime, Gangs, Fridged Temps of winter, Several feet of snow, Shoveling snow, High insurance costs, High plate renewals, Toll ways, and all your liberals up north... :)

SW.

I think that is probably if you live in the city limits or in a any big town....whether it be north or south. we moved to a small little town outside of a big city and do not have any crime, have nice roads, not much tax, no gangs, 1 week of actual snow around here (I heard you are pretty much screwed when it snows when you live in the mountains lol), never seen a toll road in my life, etc.... Heck, where I live people leave their cars running when they go into the store and never lock their home doors. Part of my job is installing security systems. I'd go broke where I live....thank god Cincinnati is 40 minutes away:) I have 3 drag strips close to home (15 minutes and 30 minutes and another 45 minutes.)

Plus being a Buick guy, up here we have (all within 4 hours drive time) BG, Norwalk, BPG, and Osceola.