Did the TurboBuick.com Nationals convert any 1/4m to 1/8m folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsgns4me

I know there was some discussion about the track being an eighth mile as opposed to a quarter mile. I was just wondering what the 1/4 milers thoughts are now after racing on an 1/8 mile?

The buzz was everyone loved it...

I can't wait to see what others say here...

Best part I didn't see many broken parts, that is always a plus:biggrin:

I was just wondering what the 1/4 milers thoughts are now after racing on an 1/8 mile?

I call that a BIG case of the "WOULDA, COULDA, SHOULDA'S" :p. I wonder if Shane would do a 1/4 mile event or is the 1/8th mile locked in for the event?? :confused:

I still would WAY rather it be 1/4 mile,with that being said I still had a good time.

Don't think I saw any blown motors this week in the 1/8th. :D There is a plus to the 1/4 mile, you get to make a lot more friends with the people who sell parts.:eek:

Michael

Myself I like the 1/8 mile better.....Think it creates more of a driver's race.

However there was two blown engines I know of but it's not my place to call their names.

Im sold on 1/8 mile. We all run the 1/8 before we get to the 1/4 anyway. The second 1/8 mile would only last under 2 seconds for me and would put me at approx 200 mph. At that point the stopping part is just about terrifing!!
I would say 95% of the races are determined in the first 1/8 mile and the only thing that happens beyond that is parts abuse!! Thats my 2 cents!! Mike:cool:

Used to race 1/4 exclusevelly for many years. Not so many years ago I got into 1/8 mile tracks and LOVE it so much better. Less abuse on the car for one thing.

And an added benefit for guys like myself that can cut a good light, if the other guy snoozes at the light, and has a faster car, it's MUCH MUCH harder for a slower reacting driver to catch up. Just not enough time. :biggrin:

used to race 1/4 exclusevelly for many years. Not so many years ago i got into 1/8 mile tracks and love it so much better. Less abuse on the car for one thing.

And an added benefit for guys like myself that can cut a good light, if the other guy snoozes at the light, and has a faster car, it's much much harder for a slower reacting driver to catch up. Just not enough time. :biggrin:
+2

well we like to beat our cars !! That why we built em! game isn't over @ the 1/8th :eek: nothing like a top end "pull" :biggrin: as far as breaking them .. they are all goin to break at some time. Don't want to break things leave it home as a garage potatoe :p

I had a lot of fun and will attend in the future if the drive is short, but I would not tow my 900 miles to run the 1/8. Personal preference probably.

Jason

I Did have a LOT fun down there with the 1/8th, BUT have to agree with Otto & Dan, the 1/4mi is the Performance Car Standard, Has been and always will be!! NO ONE Ever asked me, "Hey, what do you run in the 1/8th??" Plus Most SERIOUS Street races are 1/4

Its not so much of trying to convert someone from 1/4 to 1/8th. It has mostly to do with the cost factor, how do we make a successful event and it not have to charge huge fees to the consumer and make it work?? I remember last year at BG I wanted to make a time run and it ended up costing me like 75 bucks to do so. We want the racers to have a great time with a minimal cost to you and still be able to produce great payouts. Not an easy task to say the least. For where we are located and being able to have someone such as Richard Clark to allow us to use his facility our setup is nearly perfect, The facility at Piedmont Dragway is very nice and clean, Jim Turner and his staff were very professional and was willing to work with us to also make this event a success. From a business standpoint we are in a very good position to grow in the future. We don't do this for us, we do this for you. We had a good turnout for the first ever event and we feel it will continue to grow and prosper in the future...

Its not so much of trying to convert someone from 1/4 to 1/8th. It has mostly to do with the cost factor, how do we make a successful event and it not have to charge huge fees to the consumer and make it work?? I remember last year at BG I wanted to make a time run and it ended up costing me like 75 bucks to do so. We want the racers to have a great time with a minimal cost to you and still be able to produce great payouts. Not an easy task to say the least. For where we are located and being able to have someone such as Richard Clark to allow us to use his facility our setup is nearly perfect, The facility at Piedmont Dragway is very nice and clean, Jim Turner and his staff were very professional and was willing to work with us to also make this event a success. From a business standpoint we are in a very good position to grow in the future. We don't do this for us, we do this for you. We had a good turnout for the first ever event and we feel it will continue to grow and prosper in the future...
Clint, Sometimes you can't please everyone! Especially the ones who didn't even show, Seems like they have more input most of the time than the people who actually attend! :rolleyes: Great event to say the least, Racing was done, Prize money was made and people had fun!!! Bottom line.....

for payouts that are higher than all Buick events combined?

Honestly, I am in it for the comradery and seeing friends I see a handful of times eachyear. Hence why I said I would come out without a car still! :eek: I made $350 one time and that was a very nice touch, but money is made elsewhere. Shoot, even Richard Clark said if you are racing for money Buicks aren't it!

Steve are guys really goin to a Buick meet to MAKE $$$$ ??? :p

:p

Clint, thanks for putting it together. I did not have my hand in the business end and most likely never will, but I am not arguing with you there! The event seemed very well run from a spectators standpoint!

Clint, Sometimes you can't please everyone! Especially the ones who didn't even show, Seems like they have more input most of the time than the people who actually attend! :rolleyes: Great event to say the least, Racing was done, Prize money was made and people had fun!!! Bottom line.....

Not about pleasing everyone...he asked a question a folks gave their opinion. Good times were had by all nonetheless. :redface:

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.