Did the TurboBuick.com Nationals convert any 1/4m to 1/8m folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most do. This is why they offer the big payouts to help reward the racers for their sacrifice. This is one of the reasons why I offered to put money in the THS class since nobody else was willing to reward the racers for their sacrifices.
I don't think you realize what it takes to put on a NATIONAL event. trust me, it's nothing like your "Winternational's"

Cal, you make it sound like you are the only one that has put anything into the pot for THS. Every THS race has had a payout. Every THS has had gift bags and trophies. When you say "nobody else was willing to" , you aretaking alot away from those who already have.
On the "winternationals" thing man that must have really ruffled some feathers. On the National event subject you might want to look into what I was into before you knew of me. It included National events and National news letters.

As always thanks for you support of THS, Kip

Now, I was told you came in and said you wouldn't pay the fee. I was told you said you were packing up to go home. I SAW YOUR GUYS LOADING UP THE TRUCK! So you must have had some intention on leaving...

I was told shortly there after that one of the guys from excessive acceleration came over and APOLOGIZED for the WAY YOU ACTED and paid the fee...

If I was giving wrong information I apologize, but I don't think so...

You appeared to be blowed up about the situation. You walked right passed me several times and did not speak. You have always spoken before why not then, could it have been because you were pissed?

To clear thing up we put stuff inside the trailer to honor the request while we debated paying the fee. If you looked a little harder you would have seen nothing was packed up for traveling.

Bill Thompson came over to Clint and paid the fee. I will get with him when I get back in town and see if he "apologized" for the way I acted. So more on that later.

I said Hi to you and waved at you several times during the two days. You never even bothered to slow down the golf cart you were riding. I am willing to lay my had on a bible and say it again if you wish.

Thanks, Kip

Now you go on a several post tirade and claim you don't understand how you bring DRAMA to a situation? Take time to go back and read all your posts in this thread...

Why did you go to name dropping? You brought people's name into this conversation that have nothing to do our dispute here... That would be another example of you bringing DRAMA to a situation...

I will be the bigger man and not draw others in to make me look important...

Anyone can go back into the archives and see your routine... This THS thing really brings it out in you... Your questions always seem to try to set up another series of questions to follow...

The tirade as you put it is only me telling my side of the story.

It is not name dropping, it is providing sources for others to check and see if I am correct or not. I hope no one ever tries someone told me in a court of law and thinks it will go far.

Maybe I should not ask question if it rattles people. I will try hard no to.

Thanks, Kip

Please guys , dont let a setup fee come between you!! Im standing back with absolutly no info of all this from the track and Im saying THIS IS A PISSIN CONTEST OVER NOTHING!! I dont mean to but in , but please just lay down your swords!! Take a deep breath and lets all get back to being friends again!! Please!! Mike:cool:

Please guys , dont let a setup fee come between you!! Im standing back with absolutly no info of all this from the track and Im saying THIS IS A PISSIN CONTEST OVER NOTHING!! I dont mean to but in , but please just lay down your swords!! Take a deep breath and lets all get back to being friends again!! Please!! Mike:cool:

I am with you Mike. I never brought it up. Once it was mentioned I just told my side of the story. I am ready to move on.

Take care, Kip

I am with you Mike. I never brought it up. Once it was mentioned I just told my side of the story. I am ready to move on.

Take care, Kip

Kip thats great!! Lets maybe start another thread about how to improve next years race. It was a great event , but Im sure with some brain storming it can be improved!! Mike:cool:

I Did have a LOT fun down there with the 1/8th, BUT have to agree with Otto & Dan, the 1/4mi is the Performance Car Standard, Has been and always will be!! NO ONE Ever asked me, "Hey, what do you run in the 1/8th??" Plus Most SERIOUS Street races are 1/4

Maybe from where you reside but around NC for the most part its all 1/8th mile. Within a 100 mile radius of where we were at there are least 8 1/8th miles tracks if not more. We only have 2 major 1/4 mile tracks in NC (Rockingham and Zmax). Ask most ANY Buick racer going 7.99 or faster in the 1/4 mile and I bet you that most of them prefer running 1/8th mile. The first 660 feet is exciting, the next 660 is downright terrifying. Maybe we all should follow the lead of all the top fuel classes and run only to 1000 feet... They obviously see safety in a shorter distance and a drive to still be competitive...

I may have missed something, but I thought this was for us all to come together for something we all enjoy. The LOVE of the Buicks and to be able to keep this love alive!! To visit with old friends and meet new!! You guys are starting to sound like a bunch of damned old ladies!!:confused:

Otto- If I gave ya the cold shoulder, I didn't mean to..I sorry.

Can we move on? Cause no offense guys..I can still piss the FARTHEST!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.