Diabetes

Lethargic, tired, VERY thirsty, Pissing every 20-30 minutes, hard time healing wounds, blurred vision. Easy check for anyone with any of these symptoms. Find some diabetic with a glucose meter, have them prick your finger and run a 5 second test. If you blood sugar is above 105, then go to the doc for a fasting blood sugar.

Thanks. So the 105 should be during a normal day of eating, not after a long period of not eating - right.

That's why I said to go see a doc. Some folks have higher average BG levels. If my BG is less than 95 I don't feel right. Your brain is fueled by glucose. That's why I'm so dang smart.;):biggrin: I figure I can solve the worlds problems if I maintain a BG of 500 or more. Just THINK of how fast my brain is working at a BG level of 500.

Just kidding of course.:p Me smart? Naw.......smart AZZ, yes, real smart, NO.:)

I regularly spike mine to 130-140 after a weight training session to get a good insulin response for recovery. On a different topic all together anyone trying to gain muscle will want to keep their glucose over 100 or your breaking down muscle tissue for energy. My glucose has always been 70-75 after an 8hr fast. I will have ketones in my urine after 7-8hrs of no carb intake. I'm very sensitive to insulin and have to consume extreme amounts of carbs to function normally while training hard. I totally agree about having it at around 95. I can't think straight and am irritable as hell when it's low.

im a diabetic too. my advice : stay away from red meat, white rice, soda pop , candy (choclate), gatorade & those other power drinks with sugar. everything mentioned above by other posters is true. im on 15 units of insulin, actos, metformin & januvia. when i found out i was diabetic, my blood glucose was 551 !, doctor was about to throw me in the hospital. i had to give up MC'D's for SUBWAY which is more healthy. watch you eat & drink & excercise.