Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

Did you have to mod the frame to make this engine fit or just did you just get the Motor mounts from BRP and use a different oil pan?

Did you have to mod the frame to make this engine fit or just did you just get the Motor mounts from BRP and use a different oil pan?

No mods to the frame just drilled new holes in the crossmember. The oil pan is from Holley, I found a cheaper pan at Jegs that will work it's a GM performance parts piece.

BRP solid mount

motor mount.jpg

This is the coolest thread I have ever read on this board, thank you for sharing your adventure with us!!
Mike

did you use arp head studs,,i have a 2005 5.3 liter and im having a hard time finding the correct head studs...

any part numbers would be greatly appreciated

did you use arp head studs,,i have a 2005 5.3 liter and im having a hard time finding the correct head studs...

any part numbers would be greatly appreciated

The 4.8 and 5.3 are the same block, 4.8 has a short stroke crank. I purchased the ARP head studs from Summit, they were on back order for a while. I have a set at the shop Ill grab the part number tomorrow and post it up.

LOL! The wait is killing me :redface: I know u plan to duplicate the hot rod article, but how much power do u guys think it should put down on '93 oct alone?? Thanx.

LOL! The wait is killing me :redface: I know u plan to duplicate the hot rod article, but how much power do u guys think it should put down on '93 oct alone?? Thanx.

We are going to tune the car on E85, looking for 700-800 rwhp running mid 20's on the boost

The short block is stock except for arp rod bolts and head studs. We disassembled the motor cleaned everything and opened up the ring gaps to .028. Again this is a $250 junkyard motor.

Are you using new rings and setting gap to .028 or are you just reusing the used stock rings and setting gap to .028? Thanks

Where did you get the parts for the corvette accessorys and did you change the harmonic balancer? i am very interested in the numbers on this motor. i think it is going to be impressive to say the least..good luck......Bob