Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

Installed the new motor mounts today and dropped it in.

c motor.jpgr motor.jpgl motor.jpg

Awesome man... this seams to be the way to go anymore..Im kinda glad i never bought a buick with the 3.8/109, heard way to many horror stories. Urs being the worse for sure.If i remember correctly not even 500miles on it and it took a crap. Make sure you got the video camera when you fire this monster up!!!

Awesome man... this seams to be the way to go anymore..Im kinda glad i never bought a buick with the 3.8/109, heard way to many horror stories. Urs being the worse for sure.If i remember correctly not even 500miles on it and it took a crap. Make sure you got the video camera when you fire this monster up!!!

I have been down the 109 and stage 2 road, this is the way to go! Price and availabilty of parts is second to none. When built by the proper engine builder or used in stock form it is a very reliable piece. 1000+ HP with a stock shortblock...priceless.

I have been down the 109 and stage 2 road, this is the way to go! Price and availabilty of parts is second to none. When built by the proper engine builder or used in stock form it is a very reliable piece. 1000+ HP with a stock shortblock...priceless.

Yeah cant beat that.. Id like to own a GN, but itll be a stocker for sure.. Have something like this to take to the strip and beat on... Did you say wat turbo your going to be running?? Cant get enough of this thread!!! Looking good

We are going with twin t3 70 mm precision turbos. The turbos should be in this week at Full Throttle.

I think this is the coolest thread on the board. Available parts and cheaper!! Plus more horsepower! For real "gear-heads" this is always a good thing.