Dave Bamford goes 9.23 in testing for TSM.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My boy JayC don't play:wink:

The tuneup in that car has always been spot on since I worked on it. There were a lot of clutch teething pains with that car when we first put the Lenco in it mainly because the person who talked us into the clutch and claimed to be a clutch expert was an idiot.

Every time I went to the track with the car, it ran decent numbers. I guess you just must not have been around for all those unicorns. Of course, when you put a non Buick guy into the mix and remove me, I can see how things could go wrong. Course, that was Scott's decision and I guess he was planning ahead for when he would be going Mustang racing.

But, just for perspective sake, the car ran 8.06(?) at the GM High Tech shootout on a completely worn out clutch lifting in under 5 seconds into the run, it ran 8.30s in Bowling Green and was like the #3 qualifier for Quick 16, ran 8.40 the weekend after Scott took delivery of the car from Paul Borrows when Paul never got the car to go down the track and made 967 horsepower on LG's dyno at their dyno day. Not to mention the last King of the Hill race I attended with that car, it ran 4.96 and finished in 4th place that night.

When Nelson Hernandez owned the car, it won Pro Street Turbo at the 94 GS Nationals and was the #2 qualifier and fastest GN in attendance at the 1998 Buick Vs Ford shootout in Englishtown, running 8.30s up there. The only car faster was Joe Copson's Turbo Trans Am. Nelson ran a best of 8.33 with the car.

Oh yea, Scott and Nelson ran the same motor and said motor is sitting on the floor at our shop and will end up in something else. Even after 600+ passes, it's still going strong.

Nevertheless, I can name on one hand the parts that are being reused in this car so you might as well call it a completely new car.

Like I said,from what I remember. I didn't follow your races,just the times it was at the track when i was there.

Wow 600 passes,thats a tough motor.

Don't get your panties in a bunch,I didn't call you out did I?

Also said from all the new work it should do better ,didn't I?

Holy $hit. 600 passes is freaking insane. That's one well built bullet to last that long. Who built it?

Ruggles

Its really nothing special. Motorsport crank, Carillo rods, J&E pistons, off center block ;)

Its even oiled internally :D Its about as low tech as you can get for a Stage II engine.