Curling...... Are they for real?

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Is this really an Olympic sport?:eek: Every time I turn the dam TV on lately I gotta see something about curling? Are they really serious with this as a TRUE olympic sport? I mean cmon....!!!!!!

I can't think of anything more lame and boring then curling. I'd rather watch a game of Chess then people pushing blocks of wood accross the ice.:rolleyes:

The 'rocks' are granite, and it's actually fun as hell! :smile: Anyone can do it, and an integral part of the game is consuming large quantities of good canadian beer whist you wait your turn. :p Way more fun than bowling, imo... don't knock it until you try it! ;) (This coming from an alabama boy!!:eek:) When I worked in canada for a couple years, us american contractors got up an american team and enjoyed the hell out of beating the kanucks at their own game!! :p

Brett,

You cannot tell me that curling isn't the greatest sport in the whole world. Kick back with a couple of brews with the bridge club and just get tanked watching it on the big screen.

i agree with brett

seems like anytime i flip to the olympics that crap is on, maybe some of you think it's ok but reminds me of shuffleboard. don't understand it, but then to each his or her own. so curl on

Yes, shuffle boarding is what it reminds me of. Kinda like watching the elderly play on a cruise liner.:rolleyes:

I can maybe understand playing in some local league on a frozen pond if you lived in Alaska or something since there are probably few other things to when it's 40 below zero but an OLYMPIC sport? Cmon!

I bet they show 60 hours of live curling and not one minute of a live alpine ski event this olympics. Also judging by their appearance, they are the only "athletes" that eat at the official sponsor McDonald's.

A few of the women curlers are very pretty!

Its called The Olympic GAMES.......curling is more of game , like golf:D

Most guys would pretty much do anything to get a woman to pick up a broom. These chicks do it with a smile and you guys are complainin!!!!:D

i have a theory on how it got started-------likely there once was a transmission shop near a lake------one day the lake froze over and the guys on break decided to see who could slide a few of the old torque converters out closest to the center of the lake-------seriously i cannot look at that silly sport without picturing those things as torque convertors and from now on you are also going to have this image in your mind------hope it gives you a chuckle like it does me-------perhaps if the global warming keeps up we can have a game of curling with some of my old torque convertors at the Turbobuick.com nationals.............RC

Its funny, I hear a LOT of complaints about Curling ... but havent ran across it on the TV yet ( luckily ) ---

Hot women in bikinis would make it a hell of a sport to watch, the russian women were hot. The winter games are very boring unless its skiing or hockey.

Well at first I thought the same thing...

However there it is pretty interesting to watch once I realized how sensitive those things appear to be...

Beats the heck out of watching figure skating IMO;)

some of the x games should be in there

instead of some of the boring stuff. cute russian women? must be the same ones who used to send me emails in broken english. last time i heard most russian women looked like guys. that must be old school thoughts coming back, like those old b&w films showing russian women who wrestled.