NEW TA Alum V-6 Block For Sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRpartsNstuff

I am selling a BRAND NEW TA Performance Aluminum V-6 block! :eek:
*** It could be an ON or OFF Center version, your choice! (see below) ***

The one I physically have right now is an OFF-Center version with a rough bore of approx 3.88 to 3.89 (checked with calipers to give rough idea) and has a dipstick tube provision (perfect stock block upgrade!). It's the same as what you would get ordering one from TA, brand new, never had a thing done to it (sweeeet!!!).

I can deliver it to the GSCA Nat's and/or Norwalk events at no charge. You can also come here (44201 OH) to pick it up. Otherwise, there will be a shipping charge (approx $100 US48) to get it to you. If you are thinking of getting one, NOW is the time & can save a bunch!

As for ON or OFF Center….
There is a good chance I can get it exchanged for an ON CENTER version (thanks to Mike @ TA) for the same price if someone is VERY SERIOUS on buying one & wants a deal. The buyer would just have to pay for shipping this block to TA and the new block to their address (or their machine shop). I might be able to get them swapped for next to nothing if we can find someone driving from AZ to Nat’s. Will check into it if needed & help make it worth doing if I can.

Price NEW from TA is basically $4000 + shipping (and tax if in AZ)

My price is $3600 cash or Postal Money Order (sorry can't accept cc's on this). So if picking up at the Nats, you have the potential to save $500+ on the deal (counting shipping saved)! The ON center version would be same price, but would involve possible shipping costs to swap them with TA. Please E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY on this, do NOT call to get info/details etc, I will help what I can to work it out & save you money.

First person to Email me saying they will buy it will get 72 hrs to send at least a $300 deposit. I will then take backup offers from anyone interested in case the first deal doesn't work out for some reason. If no deposit is received or the deal falls thru for some reason, then the next person in line will be able to send a deposit & work out arrangements to get it. My goal is to get this sold & arranged so I can bring to the Nat's to deliver (if necessary) to save the buyer shipping charges.

Also, the buyer will have the option to get a set of the matching HRpartsNstuff motor mounts for it at $50 off (our new lower price) to help out some more!

I REALLY wish I could keep it & build it, but right now I am expanding the business & REALLY need the money much more than the block. It's been torture since I got it, since I would LOVE to run one of these! Just bad timing right now with the biz growing. I have a good feeling that next year will be my time to play a little :cool:
...And it will DEFINITELY be a BUICK!

Here is the "general" info from the TA Perf website on their blocks:

TA Performance, again has gone were no other Buick parts vendor has gone before... The first ever aftermarket Buick cylinder block! Designed specifically for the performance minded Turbo 6 enthusiast, this block offers the strength and options that previous blocks did not provide. The TA block incorporates superior rigidity and similar cubic inch potential to the Stage 2 iron blocks with out alienating the street and strip individual. This block incorporates all the necessary features to be used as are placement block for a daily driver all the way to a 2000 HP full race application, and everywhere in between!
• Available in OFF center or ON center versions
• Six bolt mains, 4 vertical, 2 horizontal (front cap has 2 vertical, 2 horizontal)
• Dual bell housing bolt pattern to fit Chevrolet and B.O.P. type transmissions
• Improved oil passages and grooved main journals for maximum oil delivery
• Thick steel sleeves for strength and overbore options up to 4.000”
• 14 bolt “dry” head pattern allows use of 8 bolt or 14 bolt heads with no additional preparation
• Works with 3.400” (stock) or 3.625” stroke crankshafts
• Dry sump oil feed and return provisions front and rear
• Turbo oil feed and return provisions
• Additional coolant feeds at the front
• Cross braced lifter valley and reinforced lifter bores
• Manual transmission linkage provision - Oil gauge boss
• Knock sensor provision
• Coolant drain bosses
• Steel Billet Main caps included
• 9.540” Deck Height

how about a $100 raffle sale 36 tickets :)

I would be in for atleast 2 tickets.

Don't even go there! LOL

Man, if you only knew all the thought & hours I put into a SUPER RAFFLE idea, with the block & possible cash as 1st prize, swaybar & cash as 2nd prize, cash for 3rd, and if enough tickets sold, would pay out 10 places! Was going to be close to 100% payouts, and only $50 to enter, and if you had 5 tickets, you could potentially win 5 prizes, and the more we sell, the higher the payouts went, blah, blah. Was going to be the best raffle ever & all in favor of those that bought a ticket!

Until I went to add in the fine print, looked up some raffle stuff online to get ideas of what I needed to have there, and found that a raffle from someone other than a non-profit group (like church bingo) was illegal in every state (and a felony in Oklahoma!). :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

So... so much for THAT idea!

On to plan B now :cool:

What if tickets were $60 each and $10 went to charity?

Poker tournaments around here are setup this way, Rockford Charitable Games to be exact.

project hot air

I did it with a fatboy harley.....$100 dollar tickets all PROFITS went to a local charity for real.......$15000 towards the bike,,,,,,Great turn out .....theres also the $50 dollar house..I bought some of those tickets.....This way you can not only sell a block you can sell a whole package.....Say $10000 motor...:confused:

It's still for sale!!!

The block is still for sale. Do not have any takers as of yet.

Should be able to get the 4.1.
E-MAIL ME TO MAKE A DEAL.

Out of town right now, hard to get on-line to check posts. Will be back in town Thursday night.

Still got it, lots of interest, no buyer yet :)

Will go $3500 for the block I have here, not sure I can upgrade to the ON-Center at this point. Will try if someone serious, but will be at the $3600 price.

Will have at Norwalk and/or can deliver there. Can't deliver to nat's, don't have a boat! :frown:

Might do plan B at Norwalk, stop by our tent (by food/grandstands I hope) and check out what we got going on! :cool: ;)
...that's if it isn't sold by then. :smile:

And if that doesn't work... guess I have to start my project somewhere :D

Hey Paul,

Wondering how the raffle ended up at Norwalk. I bought a ticket and never heard how it ended up. Was wondering if you sold enough tickets to make the drawing?

Thanks,
Bob

Update on the ta alum block:

Here’s an update & NEW OFFER for anyone interested:

A) The block is NO LONGER for sale.

B) We decided to do the RAFFLE with it :cool:, and added some extra prizes (4 total) to sweeten the deal :eek:. We started it at the Norwalk Buick event, but we didn't sell as many tickets as we thought would sell with the rain on Fri & sat.

C) 10% of the proceeds ($500) will go to the Breast Cancer Research Charity (got a close friend battling with it right now).

D) Tickets are $50 each, and only 100 tickets will be sold. So with 4 prizes, that’s a 1 in 25 chance of winning at least DOUBLE the price of the ticket!

E) The prizes that will be given away are as follows:

1st Place = NEW TA Alum V-6 Block (NEW Off-center version I have here) ($4000 value!)

2nd Place Prize = HRpartsNstuff $500 HR Gift Certificate

3rd Place = $250 CASH Prize

4th Place = $100 CASH Prize

F) As of 06/03/10 the raffle is still active with tickets available & we planned to continue doing it at the next Buick event (BPG at Columbus OH end of July) if necessary. Once all 100 tickets are sold (regardless of the date/time/place), it is DONE and you missed it if you didn’t get a ticket in time!

G) A LIMITED amount of tickets are available ONLINE through this post/thread for the TurboBuick.com members. The ONLY way they are available is through ME DIRECTLY so I can Keep track of everything & have NO mistakes. You MUST EMAIL ME at hrpartsnstuff@aol.com and mention RAFFLE in the subject line and tell me how many tickets you would like to purchase. I will then tell you if we still have tickets available.

Then you will need to CALL us with your credit card info (or send a POSTAL Money Order or use PayPal at email address above) just like you would do to place an order with us. Once I charge the card (or receive payment) for the tickets, I will pull off the next available ticket(s) & write your contact info on one half (for the raffle bucket) and mail you your receipt with the matching ticket stub with your number. If you provide an email address, I can email you your ticket number as well.

If calling, PLEASE CALL BETWEEN 9:30 am and 2:30 PM EST/EDT (Ohio) for best service!!! That is when Mike is available & should be able to take your call. I will “hold” a ticket number in reserve for 5 days for anyone sending in a POSTAL Money Order. After that, I can’t guarantee there will be a ticket available (if close to the end). PayPal will be the BEST method to do this logistically, but we will do it the way YOU prefer. Please do NOT send in payment until you have got an OK from me that the ticket(s) are available. Sorry for the extra steps & procedure stuff, but need to make it fair to all & to make sure absolutely NO mistakes are made!!!

This thread on TB.com will serve as the place to update everyone on the status and availability and winners! We will also contact all winners directly. You do NOT need to be present to win. We will have the winners info even if the matching ticket stubs are lost or get lost in the mail etc. We are going off the info we have here (from the sale of the tickets) as to who the owner of the winning tickets are, just in case someone wants to try to pull a fast one on us ;) or there is any confusion etc.

And if you buy 4 tickets & are lucky enough to have all 4 tickets drawn, then you get all 4 prizes! The ticket drawn IS the winner of that prize… period! You don’t have to be present to win, so if it’s your ticket drawn, then you are the winner. The drawing will be soon after all 100 tickets are sold! Whenever that is, it is, I can’t predict the future! :smile:

Here’s the math part of it if anyone is interested:
Of the $5000 ($50x100) brought in, we are giving away a total value of $4850 worth of prizes! That leaves $150 “profit”, that along with $350 added to it (from the proceeds towards the Block) = $500 going to Charity! We are also covering all the expenses of doing the raffle out of pocket (including CC processing fees, stamps, etc). No expenses will be taken from the ticket sales like other raffles.
FYI - For anyone that has bought 50/50 tickets, only 50% of the sales are given away. We are doing over 100% (counting the donation). This raffle is designed for YOU GUYS (and gals :D ) and to give to charity & is NOT to make a profit from. We wanted multiple winners & all of the value given away. FYI – Our Ohio lottery has a 1 in 75 chance of winning a measly $2 prize, and a 1 in 175 MILLION chance :rolleyes: of winning the top prize on the last ticket I bought! So with 1 in 25 odds you got some GREAT ODDS on this one!

Legal disclaimer: The winners of the prizes are responsible for any shipping, taxes, etc that may arise from winning, and the winners accept all responsibilities & liabilities (direct and indirect) that may arise from winning the prize & hold HRpartsNstuff,Inc and Paul Ferry harmless of any incidental or consequential damages that arise from any prizes.

NOTE: We can help deliver the block within 75 miles of 44201 or bring to the next Buick event at no charge to help out. My guess is if you won the block, the last thing you will be worried about is how to get it!

(NOTE: There is a slight chance on swapping this block for different TA V-6 block, but would cost shipping back & forth & depend on cooperation with Mike at TA Perf after the winner is drawn. The sooner = the better the chance of doing this (NO guarantees but will try if need to).

Good Luck!!!

======================

Paul, I'm In. Email sent.

That block will sure go nice with the new rear suspension parts i got from you.

Can you say one insane HOTAIR car :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.