NEW TA Alum V-6 Block For Sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in. Email sent! I'd be happy with the Gift Certificate, i'm needing some HR Parts rear suspension stuff :biggrin:

half asleep email sent with my blackberry, i will be calling shortly to verify. thx for doing this.

buickbert

PLEASE make sure to send me an EMAIL FIRST before sending in payment!
We prefer PayPal if possible, but will do it how YOU need it done :)
We are selling/reserving the tickets in the order that people email me asking to purchase tickets. We are already over double what we sold at Norwalk & expect to be up to the 100 total by the end of today/tomorrow at this rate. I am doing my best to make sure we don't promise/sell more than the 100, since I am doing some here online & Mike is taking some over the phone. That's why the EMAIL me first is the plan, so I can keep count & know when we reach the cutoff point. I will be sorting it out later today & emailing everyone with their ticket numbers etc.
Thought this would take a week or more & have plenty of time to do all this, not less than 24 hrs! :)

Guessing everyone doesn't want to wait to get their ticket stub in the mail to do the drawing either, so..
As we planned... Every ticket purchased will have their name/info written on the back of my half & put into the raffle jar. THAT info will be the deciding factor of who the winner is, just in case I make a typo or something informing everyone. Will try to post a list as well, with first name & last initial so everyone can see where they are at. We all had a small batch of tickets to sell at Norwalk, so just because you may have got one early or late, doesn't mean you got the first or last number of the whole batch. It will all be done fair & correctly, and want everyone to at least know their number before the drawing. Having the other half of the ticket stub in hand isn't really necessary. If ANYONE that has purchased a ticket has a problem with this procedure, please email me asap. I don't want any unhappy participants!
Good luck & will update Fri am.
Watch for emails this eve too (if purchased tickets).
Thanks!

Paul,

When is it ok to paypal$$$ and is the PP addy the same as your e-mail?

you paid 100 dollors for the block, 500gift 250 cash 100 cash=950 +500CHAIRTY=1450-4000=2550left over. Paul be carefull on this check with your state

(I should have known I needed to spell out all the details for Buick people, we like the details on how things work :D )

As for the math/technical part, here is the extended explanation version for anyone interested:

Actually it was ME (not HRPARTSNSTUFF, Inc. - a separate entity) that bought the 2 tickets at the NC raffle ($200). When this thread started, it was ME that was trying to sell the block, that's why I couldn't take cc payment at that time. I had to sell the block to HR (see below), and now HRPARTSNSTUFF, Inc technically owns the block and is holding the raffle & taking the cc orders etc.

So to do all this correctly, I had to sell the block to HR for $4000. That plus the $350 cash prizes, plus the $500 gift cert, plus the $500 to charity, plus the $500 gift cert = $5350. And with $5000 coming in, there is definitely NO profits being made by HR. And we did the extra amount ($350 over) just to be safe in case anyone thought HR could "technically" make a profit from part of the $500 gift cert.

So now the downside for me is that I will have to show a profit of $3800 personally($4000 minus the $200 paid for it) and pay taxes on that, just to make the raffle legit so HR doesn't profit from it. Still not a bad deal from a couple raffle tickets :cool: I don't think the winner this time will think he needs to sell it for $50 to sleep at night ;) FYI - It was like 20 years of no luck at all on stuff like this, all wrapped up into one time deal. Now it's back to never winning a thing for me :(

Will try to post a list as well said:
Hey Paul,

I think the list is a great idea, although it will probably be a pain for you. I know I purchased a ticket at Norwalk and I think my dad did as well and it would be nice just to make sure we are in. I think you are doing a great think here and hopefully the Buick community appreciates it!

Thanks,
Bob

called today (to late to talk to anyone) i WILL be on the phone in the morning to complete my tickets purchase.

thx again

robert petrone

"buickbert"

got my ticket #'s paul thank you.

I have the best ticket #'s, i dont know how i pulled that off but wow i like it.

Now if they are the winning #'s that will be super sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.