NEW TA Alum V-6 Block For Sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, NO more PayPal accepted.

Just an update, we can't accept any more payments via PayPal.
This includes the few people that I emailed recently instructing them to do so.

Please email or call us if you have any questions.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just an update, we can't accept any more payments via PayPal.
This includes the few people that I emailed recently instructing them to do so.

Please email or call us if you have any questions.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oops, I just sent you a payment via paypal then came here to post that I did only to see this....

Let me know if you recieved it or not.

Thanks, Bill

Email sent, waiting for payment instructions. Sorry you couldn't build a motor yourself at this time, Paul, but I'm sure one day you will.

Placed my order...

Just wanted to say thank you Paul. Sounds like the phone has been ringing
off the hook. Just waiting for my ticket numbers.

Sorry, RAFFLE CANCELLED.

Basically, we did our best to make this all work out & give something to the Buick community and charity. But due to circumstances beyond our control, we unfortunately will have to cancel the raffle plans. I'm sorry that I can't get into more detail on this and don't really want to point fingers, but the bottom line was that we just can't do the raffle as we intended. Nothing like wasting our time & money (twice) trying to do something good & find out it just can't be done. :frown:

ANY MONEY SENT IN WILL BE RETURNED IN FULL IMMEDIATELY!

All money sent thru PayPal :rolleyes: will be REFUNDED IMMEDIATELY!
This should be real fast, since we never actually accepted or processed the funds.

I am DEEPLY sorry for any hassle or inconvenience this may have caused. We definitely had good intentions all the way around with this, but just can't make it work & make everyone involved happy.

If anyone (that tried to get in on the raffle) needs any parts from us in the next 30 days, I will give a little price break / discount for the hassle.

Not sure where this is going next, but guessing it's back up for sale & I will be donating some to charity anyway just because I want to!

Sorry, RAFFLE CANCELLED.

Basically, we did our best to make this all work out & give something to the Buick community and charity. But due to circumstances beyond our control, we unfortunately will have to cancel the raffle plans. I'm sorry that I can't get into more detail on this and don't really want to point fingers, but the bottom line was that we just can't do the raffle as we intended. Nothing like wasting our time & money (twice) trying to do something good & find out it just can't be done. :frown:

ANY MONEY SENT IN WILL BE RETURNED IN FULL IMMEDIATELY!

All money sent thru PayPal :rolleyes: will be REFUNDED IMMEDIATELY!
This should be real fast, since we never actually accepted or processed the funds.

I am DEEPLY sorry for any hassle or inconvenience this may have caused. We definitely had good intentions all the way around with this, but just can't make it work & make everyone involved happy.

If anyone (that tried to get in on the raffle) needs any parts from us in the next 30 days, I will give a little price break / discount for the hassle.

Not sure where this is going next, but guessing it's back up for sale & I will be donating some to charity anyway just because I want to!

Always someone has to spoil the party!! Human Nature & it SUCKS!!!
I hope it all works out for you.
Maybe I'll buy it & do a local raffle myself in Toronto!

It’s really hard to make something like this work. I appreciate you tried.

No apology necessary.

(I should have known I needed to spell out all the details for Buick people, we like the details on how things work :D )

As for the math/technical part, here is the extended explanation version for anyone interested:

Actually it was ME (not HRPARTSNSTUFF, Inc. - a separate entity) that bought the 2 tickets at the NC raffle ($200). When this thread started, it was ME that was trying to sell the block, that's why I couldn't take cc payment at that time. I had to sell the block to HR (see below), and now HRPARTSNSTUFF, Inc technically owns the block and is holding the raffle & taking the cc orders etc.

So to do all this correctly, I had to sell the block to HR for $4000. That plus the $350 cash prizes, plus the $500 gift cert, plus the $500 to charity, plus the $500 gift cert = $5350. And with $5000 coming in, there is definitely NO profits being made by HR. And we did the extra amount ($350 over) just to be safe in case anyone thought HR could "technically" make a profit from part of the $500 gift cert.

So now the downside for me is that I will have to show a profit of $3800 personally($4000 minus the $200 paid for it) and pay taxes on that, just to make the raffle legit so HR doesn't profit from it. Still not a bad deal from a couple raffle tickets :cool: I don't think the winner this time will think he needs to sell it for $50 to sleep at night ;) FYI - It was like 20 years of no luck at all on stuff like this, all wrapped up into one time deal. Now it's back to never winning a thing for me :(

Pesonally WTF Cares what YOU get out of it for your TIME & EFFORT!!
Don't like the posted odds DO NOT BET on winning.
Quite simple really.

Well, that post is definitely NOT where I was pointing the finger at :)
With reading people's text, it's hard to tell if they were concerned for my well being, or people entered, or themselves, or what. Either way, that was a very small part of it, but not the deciding factor.

The fine print with trying to make this all work just caused too many concerns & issues, which did NOT come from the people on TB.com.

I WILL say that for anyone that tries to collect money thru paypal needs to be aware that they can lock up your funds for 180 days, and actually refund the payments within that 180 days & come after you to cover it & you may never get your stuff back!

Here is a little taste of what can happen, and some of what I was getting into first hand:
Consumer complaints about PayPal - complaints from sellers

Just be careful & read the fine print!

this is a damn shame, if its just a paypal issue with money being held i will be more then happy to call and pay you over the phone.

Thanks for trying, Paul. Put the frustration behind you as quickly as you can, life's too short otherwise. Looking forward to seeing you in Columbus at BPG - the root beer float's on me.

Looks like E-Bay & Pay Pal are in Bed & some dont want others making a profit.

I still stand by my Human Nature comment as I have been in business since 1980 & I have seen what Jealous People will do to make it go bad for a person or company out of Spite.

It was a Great Idea & Thanks for trying!

It was more than just accepting paypal.
Like I said, a LOT of fine print there & elsewhere just makes this not possible at this time.

Plus we were telling the people getting into it at Norwalk we were going in one direction, and now it got into something a little different online, and we still had a decent number to go to the 100 level, and should have saved some for the next 2 events we said we would be at with it, etc, etc.

Just too much to keep it right & make everyone happy. Wish it could have went differently & a lot faster, might not of got into all this. I tried :(
Might work on plan C... maybe at the Nat's :cool:

You want to know the worst part of all this....

As we call the people that got tickets at Norwalk to let them know we had to cancel it & find out where to send the refunds...

Guess what they are thinking as we say..
"Hi, this is Debbie from HRpartsNstuff... We needed to contact you about the raffle on the TA block..."
You guessed it, they think they WON! :rolleyes:

... like we didn't feel bad enough already :(

this is a damn shame, if its just a paypal issue with money being held i will be more then happy to call and pay you over the phone.

X2, I'm sure there is someway to make it work

"free TA Alum Block just 50 Per entry for processing Free Raffle tickets" :wink:

What can you do, we live in a world of fine print. I need a rear sway bar and it is very nice of you guys to offer up a deal for us! I will be calling very soon.
Kevin G.

thanks for trying

very noble of you.

seems like its always something,

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.