Congrats to Chris Lyons! 8.14 @ 170.2

KevinB

Just heard Chris went 8.14 with his stock style headed tso car. That makes him the fastest stock head tso car! Last I heard he had one more run before the track closed for the day.

Congrats man!!

WOW, that is amazing!!!:eek: Congrats Chris, I bet you're glad you didn't sell that car!:biggrin:;)

BTW, if someone got video please post it ASAP!

congrats. I wonder if that was a slick or radial. Any break down on numbers? Thanks

Chris, great job, you are really getting it done. I guess the new upgrades are working real well. What a way to end the season.....

Congrats.

Ted

Just out of curiosity does the car still have the Champion GN1 heads or are these TA heads?

The car still has GN1s. How we have not blown them off the car is still a mystery. The car still has a lot left. Hopefully next weekend with a good track he can improve on the time slip. Chris has been booted off TB.com so he cant post here.

The car still has GN1s. How we have not blown them off the car is still a mystery. The car still has a lot left. Hopefully next weekend with a good track he can improve on the time slip. Chris has been booted off TB.com so he cant post here.

Lonnie, why was Chris booted off of TB.com?????

Thanks, Kip

Congrats Chris you got that somebitch figured out !! you and Ted are getting like Dave and I stealing each others thunder congrats again

First off I was NEVER banned on TB.com. I had some "issues" with my log on that took Jay and Shane a few days to figure out but all is good now. I was never banned or was there any problems with my standing on TB.com.

Thanks guys, it was a rough day at the track but we managed to get a few good hits on the car. Like anything else there is always a learning curve with new parts and the new headers and turbo are no exception.

First pass was a 8.33@169 with the VE to rich, low CO2 and very soft launch
Second pass cleaned up the table put in a fresh CO2 bottle and left a little to hard wheeling the car and christening my IC pipes with dents like my old ones:mad:

Finally got things to come around with the 8.14 pass and the car was motoring out the back door after a pooch launch (video is coming) and soft front half.
60' 1.3033
330 3.4630
1/8 5.2636
MPH 136.49
1000' 6.8213
1/4 8.1466
MPH 170.20

Got the car back to the pits and prepped it for the next pass which looked to be a good one with the air cooling and track hooking well. Got to the staging lanes and it starts blowing fuses. Looks like the ignition switch crapped out on me and I had to call it a day:frown:

Yes I am still running 325/50 MT DR and will probably never switch:)

Yes I have GN1 heads

Thanks Ted, I am going to try and get back out one more time I don't think I can wait till spring to see what this thing will do:eek:

Tony, thanks but it's not Ted thunder I'm looking to steal:eek:

That thing is definitely motoring out the back door picking up almost 34 MPH on the big end!!!:eek:

Congrats Chris you got that somebitch figured out !! you and Ted are getting like Dave and I stealing each others thunder congrats again

It is hard to believe a couple years ago this class would be getting faster and faster by the week it seems. Looks like we all better keep working harder or the TSM cars will pass us up soon though.. :eek:

It is hard to believe a couple years ago this class would be getting faster and faster by the week it seems. Looks like we all better keep working harder or the TSM cars will pass us up soon though.. :eek:

It is hard to believe. Its almost like Tony opened everyone's eyes to the potential and gave us something to shoot for. I predict the top four guys in TSO now should all be in the high 7's by Norwalk next year and I think there are 2-3 other cars out there now that aren't far behind. I don't think any TSM guys will be knocking on that door anytime soon but if you give Don enough time and a weight break he may just figure it out:cool:

Congrats Chris that is flyin!!!
Dont go much faster though or the stage 2 guys will
want you to rethink the weight break;)

Looks like Tom will have to start engraving a set of "7 second club" valve covers real soon!!!