Computer guru's in here please.

Loosenut

OK, we just got a new computer for the office here and wanted to keep all of the files/programs that were on the old one. We copied the entire hard drive form the old computer and reinstalled windows on it so it will run in the new machine.

The windows install gave me 3 errors (wab32.dll, iwetcomm.dll, msoe.dll). I downloaded and installed these 3 files.

The computer runs great! Except...Windows update wont run. I just get a blank white screen after it tries to load for 5 minutes.

Anyone else experience this???? This is just weird. I googled it and got no answers.

Anyone help????

Thanks,
Andy

You might try to run the Windows repair utility that is on the MS Windows installation disk. If I remember correctly, insterting the CD will initiate a menu that will allow you to select this option.

well wab32.dll, msoe.dll are outlook dll files so that shouldnt effect Windows update

iwetcomm.dll i have no clue what that is....

do you get a page error or does it just not load what so ever?

what os?? If it's Xp dl and install SP2 again. That will give a clean version of IE and such.

Sully

i believe if windows was installed and activated on a different machine and then you install it on a different machine windows update will quit working. its an anit piracy thing. did it let you activate and all that when you reinstalled it? im not positive about this but im pretty sure i heard it somewhere. if that is infact whats happening you can call microsoft, speak to someone in india of course, tell them that you had to reload youre system and they will give you a new activation key.

Well...It turned out to be a bad copy of XP. We installed a new copy and it runs great!

Thanks to those who replied.
Andy