complete supercharger assembly

turbo dave

turbo dave
Hey guys, just wondering what a complete supercharger set up would be worth.
A co-worker pulled one of an older bonneville. He has everything needed. The
supercharger, lower intake, fuel rails, throttle body, ecm ect. I think the car was a 93-94. Also wondering if it's possible to bolt on to a non-super charged 3800.
Are the harnesses the same- just swap ecm's??
Would appreciate any info- or if interested in the parts let me know, thanks.

No, they can't just be bolted on, for a few reasons.

1. Injector bosses on the N/A are in the intake, while the bosses in the SC are in the heads.

2. The engine wiring harnasses are different.

3. The N/A is higher compression, so a larger SC pulley would need to be run in order to avoid detonation.

The SC itself is probably not worth much. It is off of a Series I, which is an M62. The Series II (96+) have a bigger M90.

The series I supercharger manifolds have the injectors in the intake not in the heads like the series II does.

Theoretically, you could if you had all of the parts, just bolt it on but as he says, some of the internals of the engine are different. Better get an entire engine to swap in. Then it is a bolt in job.

I don't know that the series II chargers are any better than the series I chargers. They are slightly bigger. I have the 95 series I with the internal coating which is easier to mate into my 92 Trofeo's electronics.

Series I supercharger is easier that later

If it is a series 1 supercharger (92/93, 94/95) then it is possible to convert a non supercharged car to s/c.

Different books show different things, but in 1992 the compression ratio is the same. 1993 shows a half point difference. There is some open discussion on the conn rods, some books show a shot peened rod used with the s/c engine? You will have to determine if you want to s/c a used engine and see how it holds up or rebuild to s/c specs to begain with.

In addition to the parts that you have listed, you will also need the complete pulley setup including the balancer and all of the mounting brackets. You will also need a different power steering pump along with a remote reservoir. Get the complete EGR setup as well. You will need it. Get the engine harness as well, you will need that to, unless you want a non factory spliced look!

Makes for a nice "bolt in" setup on a non factory s/c car such as the 92 Toronodo. See Below on the trans though ~

Oh, and one last thing, the transaxles are different, the axle shafts are larger and have a different spline count on the s/c cars. Once again, it is up to you if run what ya got until it breaks or change out those parts to.

205 hp 92-93 and 225 hp 94-95 same M62 supercharger, but the later units are more efficient due to teflon coated rotors and a larger throttle body. The later superchargers (94-95) actually spin slower than the earlier units, hot tip here is to use the stock 92/92 pulley on the 94/95

The series II engine makes more power (240hp) but it is much harder to convert as there are more internal engine changes than the earlier cars.

There are not to many of us still out running the earlier units, but count me as one of them!

David