Comp Roller cam button too thick

It could be the cam isn't machined deep enough. I've had to take a little off the thrust assembly before.

X2! I had this issue. Found it while checking lifer motion. Cam lobes contacting adjacent lifters. That would've been a mess!

.008-.010". The de-burring step turbofabricator mentioned is very important. I also make sure the circumference of the thrust surface on the cam is burr free.

Dls shim button kit says .006 not sure if thata the high or low end. This is with the non billet

S
Any parts store can oreder the roller trust bumper from Sealed Power. It is spring loaded and usually around $10. Good to hear that Nick has had that kind of success with the spring loaded thrust bumper on an austemper roller cam. I have done it once with success and have been afraid to try it anymore. Now I will. Also........Make sure the oil transfere hole on the cam thrust face is deburred. I find them with big burs all the time. It will grind a groove in the front of the block if not de-burred. Also make sure the screw in pipe plugs in the front oil galleries are flush or below the surface of the cam thrust surface of the block. (you DID tap the oil holes for pipe plugs, right? You didn't use the factory press in plugs, RIGHT?):D (TA sells the special screw in plugs)[/QUOTE
Sorry to bring up this old thread but I am currently setting the thrust on my roller cam. Just curious why do you want to have the oil holes tapped with pipe plugs vs the factory press in plugs?
By the way i think these comp thrust bumpers are a huge PITA. Next time im just going to use the spring thrust bumper.

Because some people have had the factory type plugs blow out causing oil pressure to drop...the 2 motors I have had in my cars have used the stock type plugs, but the we're staked several times.