Check out what I seen today and see if you can figure out what it is?? **Pics**

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Okay so I went to my buddy's shop today (Freddy who goes by the name~ TurboT231 on here) to check out Jason's new IC and take some pics of it on his car and while I was there I got to see his new Stage motor.... Apparently it is some kind of experimental block (Stage1A maybe??).. I call it a StageX :biggrin: I will let the pictures do the talking and maybe some of the more experienced Stage2 gurus on here can figure out what this or maybe they have seen this before?? Here are the pics-

BTW, it says 4.1 on the block but it is actually a 3.8 :confused:

Attachments

• Stagemotorsmall.JPG
    Stagemotorsmall.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 915
Here is where it gets interesting....

Attachments

• topend1.JPG
    topend1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 894
I would kinda agree with lee. I would call it a Proto-type Stage Block. It doesn't have the extra headbolt holes, But it does have the extra webbing for 4 bolt center caps. I have a buddy who has a block kinda like this one as well. . Chris

Lee,

I don't think I agree with it being a Stage block of any kind. It obvoiusly pre-dates the Buick Stage I and II blocks. I guess you could call it a heavy duty block but not a Stage I block.

Lee Thompson said:
Early stage I
Whoa, who put the rear main seal in?

750H.P.V6 said:
Lee,

I don't think I agree with it being a Stage block of any kind. It obvoiusly pre-dates the Buick Stage I and II blocks. I guess you could call it a heavy duty block but not a Stage I block.

I'd have to agree. You look at the top of the block, and the valley and it's associated webbing screams 84 or ealier standard block. 4 bolt center mains seems to be the only unique feature.

The X casting number designates a prototype block. Definitely Pre-Stage 1 material. It appears to have stock oil galley locations (thru the lifter bores). I wonder if it has the thicker deck surface of a later Stage 1 or 2 block.

turbodave231 said:
The X casting number designates a prototype block. Definitely Pre-Stage 1 material. It appears to have stock oil galley locations (thru the lifter bores). I wonder if it has the thicker deck surface of a later Stage 1 or 2 block.

I believe he was told by somebody else that the X casting # does indeed designate a prototype block so I guess that is the best answer anybody can give... Maybe we can get it allowed in TSM since the consensus seems to be that it is not a Stage block of any kind :biggrin: :wink:

I can tell you he had a 109 block sitting next to this one and visually you can definitely tell this is the beefier of the two!!! Here are a few more pics I forgot to post although they pretty much look the same as the others-

Attachments

• Stagemotorsmall4.JPG
    Stagemotorsmall4.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 753