Change the shift points?!

My car has a tendency to overrev when im comletely into it by a couple hundred rpm. Is there an adjustment somewhere that would allow me to lower the shift points? if so how?

You could try holding the accelerator to the floor while having someone mash in the sqaure button on the back drivers side of the throttle assembly! This should readjust the TV cable to the correct position. I think :biggrin:

its turbo time said:
My car has a tendency to overrev when im comletely into it by a couple hundred rpm. Is there an adjustment somewhere that would allow me to lower the shift points? if so how?
You may need to get a governor with heavier weights. The TV should be maxed at WOT. If you get high shifts at max TV you have to alter the governor circuit. There are a few things that could have an effect shift points besides the governor itself. You simple solution is to replace the governor with a different one with heavier weights. If it shifts to soon you can grind some metal and keep reinstalling it. A gram scale will be needed for this. Eventually you will be where you want.