Champion Racing???

Tom is a good guy, you might have to wait as he is a small operation trying to make it in these tough times. He has vendors that carry his products too. Call them first and see if what you are looking for is there first. I'm not going to talk down to anyone with a gripe as I'm sure your justified, but think of things this way, what if he is no longer around............ we will have a whole other issue much worse that would be felt by all. Small communities like ours are tough for these guys like Champion to stay afloat. Everybody just assumes he is making money hand over fist, it's not so. Again, not singling anybody out, just showing another side that most guys don't see. Believe me he tries, it's his livelihood, no business owner wants to get negative feedback, but sometimes internal circumstances are greater then one can handle without proper man power.

Last edited:
you need to go back to the beginning of this thread then...I have had no less than 3 vendors tell me the same story that even they can't get in touch with him and when they do they have the same problems as people who have approached him directly...no argument about his products they are quality pieces.....sorry there is no excuse for that..

No need, what I said was justified. Not picking sides as I mentioned or discrediting what you said. Your entitled to your view and so am I.

I ordered a GN1 intake w/ short fuel rails and 1" riser two weeks ago and got it last week. Then Friday, I called and ordered a vacuum block off and it was put in the mail that day. Should be here this mud-week. Tom is a great guy and does awesome work. If you want an GN1 intake and don't want to wait for Tom, call Archie at GN1 Performance. I heard through the grapevine that he has some for $799

Clint

Same goes with some of the best engine builders.I have heard of 3 months to a year because these guys are 1 man operators and some things take alot of time.Also they have multiple builds in front of you.So if its what you really want or need it should be worth the wait for quality.

The problem is not the wait. Its the pissing on.you.leg and telling you its raining. If youre going to bullshit ppl.atleast refund the $ when they ask for it. A good part of my engine build was held up bc of the parts that were mailed out.

I'm not getting in the middle of why Tom is having problems but other vendors in the buick community seem to have the same issues lately, COMMUNICATION!!!

If it's due to volume of sales then why aren't these buisness owners hiring people to do the tasks that would free them up to do what needs to be done to get the products to the customer.

If Tom is the only one doing all the porting work I understand as that takes time. He could take steps to find someone that could do what he does to double his output and cut time in half.

If on the other hand like issues I've experienced some buisnesses are just not organized. Lack of inventory knowledge [what's on hand] thinking it's there and it's not or other issues.

I'm sick of vendors that will say anything so as not to lose a sale or won't answer their phone or emails and explain why they don't have something in stock or how long it will be on back order, I think the reason is they don't want to lose the sale.

What I think some vendors fail to understand is that if they communicated with the customer and explained what the issue is with their order most would be understanding and accept a delay in getting what they ordered.

The frustrating part for the customer is being out of the loop after trying to contact a vendor to see what's going on and if under time constraints or prepaid for a part are left wondering when and where it is.

If any vendors are reading this please COMMUNICATE with your customers if and when we have a problem or concern. I know it takes time from getting other things done but communication should also be at the top of the list as that is also a part of being a buisness owner.

After all is said and done it doesn't matter how good the product is or how much less you can offer it at, it doesn't mean squat how good any of it is if the customer gets frustrated with the way you do buisness because they will move onto a vendor who has his shit together and you will suffer the loss of future buisness you may have had while also losing future customers who won't be willing to give you their buisness because of what they have heard about how you conduct buisness .

Customer service can and will make or break you, the choice is yours.

Last edited:
Are the Champion heads "cleaned up" after the CNC process or is the CNC process final and the heads shipped out of the door? Some companies can ship directly after CNC and a few still gives it a manual labor massage after a flow test.

Are the Champion heads "cleaned up" after the CNC process or is the CNC process final and the heads shipped out of the door? Some companies can ship directly after CNC and a few still gives it a manual labor massage after a flow test.
They are definitely cleaned up. It's very visible. Like a few hours of clean up. Post pic of head that isn't cleaned up by hand.

The heads that I was referring to were heads that are shipped after CNC, like your LSx series heads. CFE ( BAE) billets, Trick Flows, those types. Those heads have just extremely fine machining marks left in the chambers. Beautiful works of art. The finish porting is often "massaged" by the end user. Sorry being off topic.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395969228.489294.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395969259.772493.jpg
maybe not the best shots but they are beautiful and smooth.

Still can't get through
I am gonna give up sending mine back to trade for ported irons

Will be posting mine for sale tonight

I talked to him this morning. He said he was moving real slow from lots of back pain.