Champion Racing???

Well then that doesn't sound promising for me if my order was just made now does it...here I thought I was ahead of the game for next spring with my new motor....may have to consider someone else

They are a small company that do what they can to keep costs down. I do not believe they have a full time telephone answerer. I have had good luck with them. I pretty much know what I need and am ready to buy when I call. Not saying that those having trouble aren't. I rarely go through a vendor for Champion stuff as it adds another step in a process that already can be lengthy. I'll check vendors to see if they have what I need in stock and get it but if it needs to be ordered I go straight to Tom with that. So far so good and I've been lucky with telephone service I guess. All my calls get through mostly directly to Tom. Yeah it can be a PIA sometimes.

Yeah I would say your lucky as I am into double digit phone calls with no answer and a full mailbox ......I think saying they are a small company describes every turbo buick vendor in existence. This is a very small market...I get that, however I don't get how you can advertise items in current publications for buick fans(ex. GS Xtra) regularly and then have these people want to support you and they can't get through or are waiting months for the items. Where I come from the economy is tough and if people want to buy products from your company I think you need to make changes(Ie. get someone to answer phones full time/get more help) to KEEP your customers coming back. This is not meant to be disrespectful to Tom...I'm a fan of his products however something needs to change there IMHO.

Yeah do yourself a favor and if your shopping for heads get TA. He might make a good product but what good is it when your waiting on exhaust guides for 4 months now.

Called Tom today and got ahold of him first thing. Asked to swap a fuel rail and he said box it up and ship it to me with a note and I'll take care of you. No money exchanged just a good ole boy. Very helpful when I need a question answered. I've built my Turbo T over 3 yrs and I have to say patience is a virtue but I can also say my baby is a battle axe wielding monster that lays waste to most challengers. With a set of his irons providing the lungs for my fire breathing dragon. He knows his stuff and provides it at a reasonable price. Experience cost money and I feel as if he plays santa year round at his prices. Thanks Tom......

thats great, hopefully things are changing....how bout you let us know when you get it back

They have always been hit or miss. Tom makes sure you are taken care of when he can. I didnt have any wait time with my heads, but the ARP bolts took for ever and I had to cancel those. My fuel rails were shipped in a couple days just recently. Tom is a stand up guy tho.

Well I thought I needed to finish off this thread that I started by saying I got my intake and valve covers last week. The products are very nice no doubt. Ordered in september of 2013 and received in March 2014.....wow kidding me.......

Idk how tom is a stand up guy? All.I got from.him were lies..shipping today refunding your money today etc. Idk Tom.didnt shoot straight from begining. I just got my rockers now I ordered in.sept. still.waiting on.arp.studs.

After emailing them last week and calling once the other day...I was surprised I actually got a hold of them yesterday. Yes they seem to be hard to get in touch with...

He told me they are undermanned and trying to fill in back orders. I ordered Champion irons Sep 10th...I was told they're supposed to ship this Monday or Tuesday:eek: . So we'll see.

I guess I should post an update as well. I finally received my heads Feb 4. The rare couple of times I was able to speak to Tom he always told me my heads were about ready to be shipped out which ended up being BS and more weeks of waiting.

Look...I didn't really mind waiting as long as I did, just don't tell me they're gonna ship out when they really aren't, and then make me wait for weeks for the heads to show up. Just tell me the truth that they aint ready yet! And then when I try to call for a tracking number nobody ever answers the phone.

I had better results talking to Full Throttle...I ordered thru them and they were very helpful in finding out what was going on with my heads.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Tom is nice but service getting bad
But has a good product so can get away with it

I have been waiting on valve covers since October 2012 tho
I have called a few times

Latest issue is you can't leave message or send email or email webmaster as of last week as whole system not working and phone mail was full

Will try again

Sounds like parts are shipping. Buddy of mine was waiting for a while but his stuff finally shipped out last week.

I've had my GN1's for years now and I will say they are worth the wait. But communication is important.... I know I would prefer to know that I'm gonna have to wait a while rather than have false hopes.

He makes awesome parts etc but the lies.is whats bad. He gets away with.it because we allow.it by keep buying his.products. next motor build I wont be buying any of their stuff. If I want al heads ill go.ta performance,ported intake ill caall weber. Etc.. If only Tom.would realize ppl.would.wait if youre just honest with them.

yeah its funny how all you read about these days is how to improve business operations, customer service, etc, etc, in order to stay viable....just look at the big 3, even they weren't immune...and yet there are people(not just champion) on this board(vendors) that don't seem to care....I don't get it....you would think you would be trying harder because it is such a small market...with all the comments of the same nature I guess its shame on us for enabling them...so I won't anymore..good bye champion and G body parts

Biggest problem.is chanpion.cornered a small market. At this point in time financially it wouldnt make sense for someone to try to start a buisness similiar to champion. Our cars arent popluar like they were back in the 90s.

yeah I get that.....but it blows my mind that when people voice their frustration or displeasure that people here still defend them, and it always seems to be the same people.....wrong is wrong no matter who you are, and making a good product doesn't excuse their shitty attitudes and behaviour or lack there of

I think at this point, if you WANT Champion parts expect a wait. If you need parts yesterday, explore other options.
As far as I know they do not play with Fords.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app