Champion - Anyone home?

CliffyC

When is the last time anyone has talked to Tom or anyone at Champion? Are they still in business? I know it takes for ever to get their products but I, and another vendor I'm dealing with, can't even get hold of them. They don't answer the phone, fax or email. It's been almost 6 weeks and I've got a big chunk of dough hanging out there.

just go the TA route. it will be hit or miss. you have to call at different times of the day. the best hours i reached them was 10-11am and 3_4pm eastern time. its not worth it honestly. he will have everything in stock or ready to ship and you wont recieve it for months. next motor i build im going the TA route

TA setup is great, no question. However, Champion irons are $1200 and manifold (with my core) is $300, total $1500. TA heads are $1800, manifold $750, total $2550. For my set up I don't need the high end part that TA has and the extra $1050 would be hard to swallow.

Called Champion again (for the bzillionth time) and Tom actually answered the phone. Got things worked out and my parts should be on their way soon....I hope. So I guess CRH is alive and well.

I was there today. They are definitely alive and well. They had to move a couple months ago and are just getting back in the rhythm of everything. Be patience

Give Dave a call. He's usually got all kinds of that stuff laying around. Last time I talked to him he was about to have a blowout sale on a bunch of parts so you might luck out.

Okay, got my heads a few days ago and the manifold yesterday. Took 2-1/2 months. Everything looks great. Have to say I'd still go with Champion but be prepared to wait. Don't believe him when he says your heads will be out tomorrow, just keep bugging him....that is if he even answers the phone.