Live and Learn..

I just did a complete fuel system on my 99 supercharged Regal. Tank, pump, lines, injectors and all the pollution crap. All new. Had car up in the air in the driveway as I didn't want gas fumes in my garage. Was having people over and wanted the car down on the ground so I could free up space in the driveway. Car started right up, no leaks, ran fine. I use Race Ramp ramps in the front and their wheel stands at the rear. No rear in a front wheel drive car so to jack up the car I used a couple of 4 x 4's on jack pad. Never had a problem before. So had car in the air far enough to remove the wheel stands and start lowering the car down. Well the damn jack slipped off the rear suspension cradle, rolled forward and landed where???? You guessed it right on the brand new gas tank pushing the fuel pump right thru the top of it. At least I wasn't under the car. My fat ass would have been grass! We all screw up, been working on cars as a hobby and sometime for $$$ since I was 17 and have more than a few stories to tell but this one really pissed me off. Got the car for free from my good friend Dave, RIP. But nothing is free as I probably have 2k into this damn car. Just a back up vehicle for my Dodge Ram but I sure like some boost without dragging out the GN.

Here is how you fix this problem,

Of course I will actually repair the other GN1s. But I know as it was stated from a member, earlier models are prone to have issues.

Attachments

• 16E652D4-EBDB-4D72-9FAB-97F739DFE65E.jpeg
    16E652D4-EBDB-4D72-9FAB-97F739DFE65E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70